Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I just wanna say... A random comments thread

tdbradin

Savannah Super Cat
So I go to put my wrenches back and...
24e6d6607cbf8c0f10d62247c45ec17b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sean

Site Supporter
Well I am "THINKING" about adding to the cat clan. Would be nice to get two litter mates. I am thinking
young would be best so they can grow into my two rulers.
I would like to find some snow kitties from a breeder that has good genetics and not some mill.
Would two sisters be less likely to upset things being that Xander is already well established male
in the household? I don't want to stat any marking issues with him.

Thanks

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Would two sisters be less likely to upset things being that Xander is already well established male
in the household? I don't want to stat any marking issues with him.
How well they get along depends on the personalities of the cats more than the sex. If Xander has a dominant-confidant personality then he most likely will get along with any cat who is also confidant. Trouble usually happens when a dominant cat or a bully shares space with a cat who is submissive and non confident. Do your best to assess Xander's personality type and then talk it over with the breeder you choose so the breeder can assess the personalities of the litter to the best of her ability.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
@Sean I forgot to mention that the chances that there will be behavior issues increases each time a new cat is added to the house. Will Bella adapt to 2 more females? Maybe consider adding only 1 more cat. Usually, not always, males are more laid back than females.

Sean

Site Supporter
I would of thought that the males would be likely to cause issues.
But now that you said that I can see that the females would be thinking
to protect there young and a new cat could be thought of as a threat.
Is that the correct thinking?