Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I just wanna say... A random comments thread

Moggieslegacy

Savannah Super Cat
That is pretty amazing! I have never seen either HB or WC jump onto anything higher than a 5 foot high book shelf, and they still need their back feet running against the vertical surface to get their back end up to where their front paws landed... I am pretty sure they can't do anything higher than 6 feet, even in a panic or when full on chasing something. But they are both only 11 and a 1/2 pounds and maybe that makes a difference?

Vito

Site Supporter
That is pretty amazing! I have never seen either HB or WC jump onto anything higher than a 5 foot high book shelf, and they still need their back feet running against the vertical surface to get their back end up to where their front paws landed... I am pretty sure they can't do anything higher than 6 feet, even in a panic or when full on chasing something. But they are both only 11 and a 1/2 pounds and maybe that makes a difference?
Vito is really athletic, he's around 14lbs but tall, lean and very muscular , he will even jump from floor straight on to your shoulders with very little effort, however Franco on the other hand is not much of a jumper at all, he's fast and I mean very fast at running and has only ever jumped around 4 foot up-to now.

Sean

Site Supporter
They are on the C-food diet.
They see food and they eat it.

But really Bella will not eat any thing that comes out aof a can
and Xander loves his caned food. On top of that they both get
a good high grade kibble along with The Royal Canin DH Rx (Dental Health)
It's the only kibble that has a good size to it. I started useing it with Mokkun and Tetsu
because Mokkun would bolt his food do to the small size of the kibble.

After the can and kibble Bella and Xander get some sort of raw meet. Bella seems
to really like beef and Xander will eat that and chicken. So there is a lot of switching
food types around just to keep things new.

Moggieslegacy

Savannah Super Cat
HB seems to be getting braver as WC learns he has to play by HB’s rules. The rules are ….. Only HB gets to do the tackling, neck chewing and generally he has to be the one on top. Or he gets scared, hisses and growls and runs away… WC is allowed to chase, but only a short distance, then he has to let HB escape. Even if HB instigated it...

Smack n dash
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Antqb0beW0IOtUTlnnUBiXJWvxexlA_/view?usp=sharing

Tackle n run
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bQJodP1Cqx_hQQl7IFxNPR2vFD_xYTiE/view?usp=sharing

And the first time I have seen WC resist being HB's chew toy / trampoline / chair - there was a tense moment when WC made a Growowowow noise, but they seem to have resolved it with synchronized tail wagging, and a staring contest followed by a short chase...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gwGen64K9UcxTFp8sLNCMf5l1F2LmKrS/view?usp=sharing

Their weird catty relationship is a constant source of wonder for me!

Vito

Site Supporter
Vito and Franco seems to have the same kind of relationship as HB & WC, vito always the more dominant of the two, loved the smack and dash clip, they'd truly be lost without each other despite the odd spat.

Moggieslegacy

Savannah Super Cat
They do seem to benefit from having more going on, and I am glad to hear my guys odd relationship looks normal to someone.... Never having lived with 2 cats before I am never sure if they are playing or fighting. But it is more and more seeming like playing!
And I am glad to hear Vito and Franco are continuing to enjoy each other!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
He has been on a diet for 4 days. This is his "loook at me my ribs are showing, my stomach is caved in, too weak to stand, gonna pass out" pose for sympathy. He passed his annual physical with flying colors but for his weight (30 lbs) and the vet said the scale started to smoke so time to lose a bit of the fluffy.

Atticus diet.jpg