Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I love it...

Kiangagirl

Savannah Super Cat
Okay, lets talk price, for F1's, what makes one cost 8,000.00 vs one that costs 15,000.00? Males that will be fixed, not breeders so a nice pet. Not from a store but 2 differant reputable breeders, it is so confusing
I try to price my kittens according to their individual quality within the general parameters of what is a "normal" market price. That is certainly not an exact science. I have perused dozens of other breeders' websites to try to get an idea for pricing and I still wonder sometimes if I have got it right.

T

tkymasters

Okay, lets talk price, for F1's, what makes one cost 8,000.00 vs one that costs 15,000.00? Males that will be fixed, not breeders so a nice pet. Not from a store but 2 differant reputable breeders, it is so confusing
One thing I've learned from my search in the past for an F1... males are sterile.. fixing them controls their instincts... My understanding of the price range is the amount of time spent hand raising the kittens.. The F1 kittens are born premature and requires hand feeding until they are big enough clasps on the queen's nipples. Every 3 hours for 2 weeks... That's alot of time spent to keep these babies fed...

I can tell you I didn't pay a penny over $15K for Kronos... he's a 62.5% Savannah from a very nice breeder, she no longer is in the business of raising F1s.. more into F4-F7 SBT. The adoption process took 6 weeks for him..

All I can say... Kronos is worth so much more... I was offered $25K for him, but Kronos is priceless.. He has bonded to me so strongly, it seems like we can talk with each other.. The F3 female has bonded with both of my sons (6 and 8 yrs old) The F1 is worth everything and more...

T

tkymasters

I know what you mean about the questions! And what they let you bring him into best buy?!? I just take my Kronos to pet stores and get the usual "is that a cat" etc. I love that particular question because its like DUH yes this is a cat lol.
I'm a regular customer at Best Buy with a Silver Membership.. Usually when I take him to the stores, he sits on top of his pet carrier with wheels or on my shoulder, and will rarely jump off without permission. The store manager doesn't have a problem with it as long as there are no legitimate complaints.

I make sure everyone that approaches him knows that he does not like to be touched by strangers.. the hiss keeps them at bay.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Wow, that's great! I would never be allowed to bring my cats into the stores here, with the exception of PetSmart or Petco. What do you bring Kronos into the store in?

T

tkymasters

Wow, that's great! I would never be allowed to bring my cats into the stores here, with the exception of PetSmart or Petco. What do you bring Kronos into the store in?
Pet carrier has wheels and retractable handle.. bought it at Petsmart.

B

Breheart

Cute, look at them checking out the carrier :) Looks like they are asking you if you are going to take them somewhere! Neat carrier.

T

tkymasters

The dial on the door handle is a locking device... if I don't lock it, he can eventually work the door open.. learned the hard way with his old carrier... Turn the dial and he cannot manipulate the levers to open the door.. Takes him 5 minutes to open the door when the dial is unlocked.. These SVs are very smart.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Yes, they are very smart ;) I have one of those carriers by sturdy and Zuri gets out of it all the time, so I need a new one.