Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Immunizations

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
I am glad these threads are being brought up. When I get a chance I will begin collecting info together into my thread about info to give to vets.
I think a one page info sheet for vets would be very helpful. I know when Tink had TF, I brought info in for my vet and everyone in the office was called to look at the slide under the microscope when she was diagnosed. Sue

Per Lausund

Staff member
I think a one page info sheet for vets would be very helpful. I know when Tink had TF, I brought info in for my vet and everyone in the office was called to look at the slide under the microscope when she was diagnosed. Sue
Have a look at the Merck veterinary manual: that is as close as you get to a series of one-pagers!
http://www.merckmanuals.com/vet/index.html
tri big grin:

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
What I was trying to say, is a one page of things specific to a savannah that could be given to a vet that is not familiar with the breed. Sue

Per Lausund

Staff member
What I was trying to say, is a one page of things specific to a savannah that could be given to a vet that is not familiar with the breed. Sue
And I must admit, the Merck index IS more than one page:mouse:
Problem is, what has the highest priority. Ideas, anyone?

Lesley

Site Supporter
Quick question. Does the advice about not giving FELV vaccine apply particularly to Savannahs and not other breeds? And if so, what is the theory behind this!