Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Is you cat a thief?

Sean

Site Supporter
Tetsu was at my desk today and walked off with a giant paper clip.
I hide the small ones. I had to hide my pain meds after I found one
of the boys walking off with the bottle in his mouth. Crafty little buggers.
Bella sticks to her dog toys and the Green Frog is her favorite one.
So qute when they are little and then they grow up to be bad
DSC_1511edit.jpg

But really then are just little kids. Well unless you count size.
DSC_1515edit.jpg

ANd we can't forget Bella
Bella I didn't do it.jpg
With her "I didn't do" it look

Sean

NikkiA

Site Supporter
D steals headphones and jewelry.
Jarvis steals hair ties and food.
Mickey steals food and anything D or Jarvis are playing with.

Sean

Site Supporter
Bella has a plastic bag habit.
So we have to hide them. I
don't want to have to pay the vet
for bag removal.

Sean

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
We have a plastic bag thief, too. Also a hair-tie thief. Both are kept locked up (the objects, not the cats)...except once in a great while I will let the bag lady have supervised fun with a crinkly bag and the handles cut off....wish I had a pic of her the other day parading around proudly with a pilfered plastic bag gently flowing in the breeze behind her...handle around her neck!

Why are things that are often stolen the objects that can cause them the most harm?

Gryphoak

Savannah Super Cat
Let's put it this way. This was my facebook status update on Sunday:

Awoken at 7am today by my mom chasing Calyx into my room right after he stole a 2lb raw pork roast from her while she was cooking. He hid it under my bed so I spent minutes blindly rescuing a slimy piece of meat in the dark, that turned out to be bigger than Calyx's head.

He has also stolen raw lobster, kitchen sponges and his brother's blanket.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Let's put it this way. This was my facebook status update on Sunday:

Awoken at 7am today by my mom chasing Calyx into my room right after he stole a 2lb raw pork roast from her while she was cooking. He hid it under my bed so I spent minutes blindly rescuing a slimy piece of meat in the dark, that turned out to be bigger than Calyx's head.

He has also stolen raw lobster, kitchen sponges and his brother's blanket.

I think that completely logical behavior for a cat. My domestic shorthair when I grew up was a big black cat that I adored. My mum couldn't leave a roast defrosting in the sink because he would drag it off as prey. It's just natural...yummy meat sitting there just waiting to be taken! We tend to use the second oven and the microwave to keep things at room temperature that just aren't safe on the counters or sink :)

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I think that completely logical behavior for a cat. My domestic shorthair when I grew up was a big black cat that I adored. My mum couldn't leave a roast defrosting in the sink because he would drag it off as prey. It's just natural...yummy meat sitting there just waiting to be taken! We tend to use the second oven and the microwave to keep things at room temperature that just aren't safe on the counters or sink :)

Lol! And how many of us here order take out pizza that goes straight from the delivery guy to the oven for safekeeping between slices?