Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Jackson"s Long Road Home

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Hi Rafiki! I'm doing okay. Still limping around. The surgeon sure wasn't lying when he told me it was going to be a long tuff road to recovery. Went back to see him a month ago and got x-rays and a cortisone shot in each knee. My 4 inch bone graft showed significant growth and looked to be doing well. I started intense physical therapy 3 days a week in a last ditch effort to get back to work. If I can't go back by August,,,the post office is going to make me take disability retirement. Not what I want so I'm working my butt off. I am getting better but it isn't coming very fast. I am walking most of the time with a forearm crutch and I can walk up to 400 feet without a crutch albeit with a heck of a limp. I'm taking it as it comes. You would think that crazy cat would have got a little closer to me being home with him all day. I get a drive by , walk up sideways ,just reachable pet ,followed by a swat! Looks like he's going to be a mommies baby. Gets on her lap and rubs and loves,,,,,,,Ass! Lol!
Ugh. Amazing how so much can change in a blink of an eye. Glad to hear you are doing better but sure wish you weren't going thru this. Tell Jax to quit being a brat.

ambro

Site Supporter
Ugh. Amazing how so much can change in a blink of an eye. Glad to hear you are doing better but sure wish you weren't going thru this. Tell Jax to quit being a brat.
Thanks kiddo! You are indeed right on how fast things can change. It could have been much worse. Rhonda has shared some things with me now that it's been a while. There was very serious doubt in the 1st 3 or 4 hours after that I was going to pull through. I guess I made an unexpected turn for the better later that night. Things are moving along with our lives and thankfully we didn't have any neurological damage. At least none that I didn't have before! Lol!

ambro

Site Supporter
Hi folks! Been quite a while since i've posted. Update time! After 2 years of surgerys and busting my butt in physical therapy,,I have had to retire. I've run out of time and the Post Office made me take disability retirement. Not what I wanted but it is what it is. I guess I just wouldn't admit to myself how hurt I am. On the bright side,,,my biggest problem is all of the arthritis in my left knee from all the trauma. Sooo,,,,,November 9th I go in for a knee replacement. Surgeon is amazed at how strong my leg is. He said if I rehab my knee replacement like I rehabbed in the past,,,,,I will be 85 to 90 percent! I'll take that out of court! Lol! As far as Jax goes,,,,,,,he's just as big an ass as unusual! Lol! He still loves his mom though. He's all over her! You would think that me being home with him all day he would get a little closer to me but not so far. If I have a string or a laser light I'm his huckleberry! Lol! Hope all you folks are doing well and we'll be talking!

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Hi Ambro! Hopefully the Post Office took care of you and you can now enjoy retirement. Yes, a disability retirement is not what you wanted (or any sane person would want). I had a former co-worker that had a bad knee and his wife finally convinced him to get a replacement when he was around 70. Soon afterwards he was limping badly - it was his other knee! The first knee was so bad that he never realized that that both had issues. A year later he replaced the other one and then he and his wife traveled the world! It gave him a whole new lease on life and he is still out there enjoying himself 15 years later! Wishing the same outcome for you.

ambro

Site Supporter
Thanks Rafiki,,,,,,, this has been a pretty rough ride and the retirement part is the hardest pill to swallow. I'm still trying to grow 4 inches of my left femur back. The plan is to take the steel plat out of my shin,,,,do a reshape of the steel rod in my femur,,,,,and do a total knee replacement,,,,and add fresh material to the big bone graft above my knee to promote more growth. Soooo,,,,,,it looks like Jax is going to get to freak out again with all the equipment coming back in the house. Lol! He'll be running up to my wheelchair and Walker again and swatting them! Lol. I have a good outlook and hopefully I'll get the same relief you friend got. I'll get there!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for checking in. I've been wondering how you're doing. Sorry to hear that you need more surgery and rehab. I admire your attitude and approach to your recovery.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Sorry about the forced retirement, that's never easy. Good luck with your upcoming surgery, please let us know how it goes!

ambro

Site Supporter
Hi folks! Things have been really crazy for us! As I stated earlier I had to retire and boy was it pain in the arse! While I was waiting for everything to finalize the PO dropped my health insurance! Nice thing to do to a 27 year employee who is disabled! I had to cancel my surgery. I played a Trump card on them and used a friend that knows people way up at opm. To make a long story short,,,, I was finalized Dec. 1st. Insurance and all reinstated. April 12th for surgery. Fingers crossed! Jax hasn't changed much. He's still all over Rhonda and pretty much ignores me unless I have a string or a toy! He tolerates me and does give me one of those walk up sideways just in reach pets followed up with a quick swat! Good to know nothing changes! Lol