Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kitty has started peeing on the carpet... again!

Jacob Steel

Savannah Super Cat
Probably not, either me or my gf are home everyday for several hours, its just the cat is my responsibility, my gf wont go near the litter box. She gets lots of love and attention, not to mention she sleeps on top of me every night so I feel like shes not angry at me. Also she doesn't act out in any other way that I can tell. She also has a friend in muffin and they love to run around and play fight all day.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Beg pardon if this has been thrown out before: maybe she just doesn't like the brand of litter? Have you tried different kinds? My boys don't like anything with fragrance...natural or otherwise.

Jacob Steel

Savannah Super Cat
I actually havent tried switching litter brands. I've been using one brand their whole lives, I havent seen to many clumping litter options at the pet store but I can try a new one. Going to give their litter box a full bleach clean this weekend so ill buy new litter to try/

admin

Paige
Staff member
Jacob, cats are very clean animals and keeping their litter boxes clean is our job as owners...scooping the box once a day is necessary... Unless you want to continue to have issues. Would you want to use a toilet that wasn't flushed every day? Cleaning the box once a week or every couple of weeks with an enzyme cleaner is also a good idea. It doesn't matter what type of litter you use if the box isnt clean. She just may not want to use the automated one for whatever reason. Maybe try some kitten attract or cat attract as well in all the boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk