Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Kitty Quirks

K

Kronos

Kronos has a funny habit of sucking one particular item. We have a cat bed sack with very soft faux fur fabric inside. Kronos will bury his head inside the sack and knead and suckle. I have seen him do it for as long as 10 minutes straight before, and he just purrrs and is so happy. There is nothing else he does this to.

I have to wash that bed sack now because all his saliva is making the faux fur get a bit crusty these days :sick:

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Such funny stories! I love reading about cat quirks :)

Where to start? I have a small cat-shaped hard rubber dog toy that I think is cute, so it sits on the shelf above my computer. Whenever Paris feels I am ignoring one of her many demands, she jumps on the shelf above where the toy sits and knocks it down, usually hitting the keyboard, and if her aim is right, it bounces and bops me in the nose....I swear she does this on purpose because she looks me right in the eye and has such a smug look on her face lol!

My blue DSH just loves my dirty socks...the really soft fuzzy ones I wear to bed. She carries them around like it's a trophy mouse, making that mrowing sound like she's calling kittens to come share the kill....for hours...

Simboya likes to sleep with us. He jumps into bed and ungracefully flops over like a dog would, usually onto my back or legs...he's not the lightest cat in the world either, so I really notice when he does that...

Tart will sit near and stare at me for a long time, like she can't figure out who I am or what I am doing in her house ;)

Malaki will only eat out of shallow oblong-shaped dishes. I think it's because his stud jowls are so big that other bowls tickle his whiskers! If I dare to try using a round dish, he knocks it to the floor or won't eat out of it. He doesn't like plates, either. His drinking bowl has to be a large heavy dog crock. Nothing else will do.

Lily likes to taunt Paris, and the resulting swat and hiss will send Lily racing into our arms, where she wraps her front legs around our necks and buries her face in our chins...just like my kids used to do when they got picked on by their siblings, even if they started it...

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Now that's quite a wake-up call! I'm lucky; for some reason none of our cats bother us during sleep, whether it's normal night hours or not....:)

K

Kronos

Lily likes to taunt Paris, and the resulting swat and hiss will send Lily racing into our arms, where she wraps her front legs around our necks and buries her face in our chins...just like my kids used to do when they got picked on by their siblings, even if they started it...

Oh goodness Kronos does that too! If he gets in trouble or is really afraid of something he sulks. Then when I pick him up, he wraps all around my neck and buries his face under my chin and well it feels like you are cooing a scared or upset child!

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Yes, I've never had a cat do this before! It's very sweet, and my girl loves to be carried around like a baby, too. Guess I'll always be a mom, but now my kids have 4 legs and a tail....:)

T

tkymasters

When I grab Kronos leash and harness, he will strut around the entire living room 2-3 times before walking out into his enclosure. He's a real snob.