Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Meet Amani, our first Savannah

Emmi

Savannah Super Cat
You definitely have a point there Patti. That would be a downside of him actually liking to leave the house.

On the other hand, it has always been our intention to also take him with us on our trips so we hope that we can slowly and gradually get him used to liking it. On his terms though and if he really shows not liking it on the long run.. we will of course accept that its just not his thing.

Thank you for this tip Rafiki, I am going to try in the after hours. I don't really feel like waking at 4 for a walk :LOL:
I was looking at those pet strollers indeed but my boyfriend was not too charmed about the whole stroller idea. Something with babies he is not quite ready to be associated with hihi

I do have a bagpack which is a pet carrier at the same time. Its standing in our room and he is comfortable being and even sleeping inside of it so next time we will take it with us.

The big outside looks just fine seeing from above!

image.jpg

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Surveying the kingdom. Cool shot!

I must say that the looks that you get from neighbors peering into the stroller to take a look at "the baby" is usually priceless.

Emmi

Savannah Super Cat
Surveying the kingdom. Cool shot!

I must say that the looks that you get from neighbors peering into the stroller to take a look at "the baby" is usually priceless.

haha yes I can imagine :LOL: would be totally up for that!

We'll first see how it goes with his carrier though, buying a stroller when we don't know yet if and how things will go with taking him outside on the long run sounds a bit wastefull

Emmi

Savannah Super Cat
Good morning :paw:

The last 2 days Amani has been very agitated, overly active, mewing and when I was standing behind him at one moment, I felt some splatters on my leg..
He is 5 months now so I think these are early signs of becoming a big boy already..

A little video of our big boy learning how to stalk birds
No kittens or birds were harmed in the process, yet :LOL:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Amani is definitely turning into a big boy, and the birds won't distract him for long from his one purpose in life as long as he remains intact - time for the snip before spraying turns into a habit :eek:

Emmi

Savannah Super Cat
hehe yes indeed they won't
We scheduled it for next Tuesday. Poor Amani, he has no idea yet whats coming to him

image.jpg