Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet Franco

Vito

Site Supporter
UPDATE ON FRANCO
I'm pleased to say that we've had a very positive weekend here with the boys. The walk went well, Vito was a little apprehensive at first when he spotted Franco on his harness at the bottom of the garden, Franco was mesmerized by all the activity, birds etc that were flying around that he literally paid no attention to Vito (his first time outside ever) Hubby and I had a boy each and we just let them Potter around, they eventually crossed paths and we're touching noses, no aggression, my God I almost cried, we've had 10 weeks of tension up until that point.
Kept session short and will keep repeating it. Still not allowing free reign to Franco indoors just yet when Vito is around, mainly due to Vito still being a little nervous, but when Franco is in playpen , Vito lies down beside him and they pass each other toys. I'm getting really hopeful, still long way to go but in no rush. As usual I'll post any updates.

maryannb6843

Savannah Super Cat
So happy for you that Franco and Vito are headed toward peace talks. Happy Holidays to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Vito

Site Supporter
So happy for you that Franco and Vito are headed toward peace talks. Happy Holidays to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Maryann, let's hope the season of goodwill is shared between them:) merry Christmas to everyone

Vito

Site Supporter
Hi everyone
Would just like to share the news with you about Franco. At long last he is getting on so well with Vito and the Two of them really seem to be enjoying each others company. It's been hard work but we got there in the end, albeit with the help of meds to calm Franco down. (no longer on meds)
In his case, the gabapentin really helped, so much so that now he is a completely different boy, his hormones have diminished and he has become so loving and full of mischief. I think it's fair to say that Vito is the boss of the two and quite enjoying being the little sheriff.
We are so happy that things have worked out and pleased to say that Franco will spend his lifetime with us now. Will post some photos of them together soon, if they'll stay still long enough :)that is. Thanks to all that gave help and advice during this period.

Moggiesnewmom

Savannah Super Cat
I am so happy to read they worked it out and are now enjoying each other! And I am impressed you figured out ways to give the support they needed !

Vito

Site Supporter
I am so happy to read they worked it out and are now enjoying each other! And I am impressed you figured out ways to give the support they needed !
Thank you very much. It really did take a lot of work and have learnt so much during this period, there were times when we really thought that it wasn't going to work, but determination drove us on. Franco certainly had major adjustments to make after being a stud cat and the aggression he displayed was pretty terrifying at times. (the worst I've ever seen actually)
Harmony has been restored thankfully, fingers crossed it'll stay like this.