Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my F2 just peed all over girlfriend and i in bed

John Popp

Site Supporter
If my cats aren't showing any signs of distress or a high frequency of urination I'm just going to work on the three strike rule before I take them to the vet. In this particular case, there is just too many things that make the bed a target, down comforter, multi-cat household and the potentials of spring/early summer with the windows open.

As for behavioral issues there is a plethora of them and sometimes it takes a great deal of digging to figure out the culprit. Just be aware of how your cats interact with one another, if any one is really laying the wood on someone else and if there are any oddities with how they are being fed such as jumping food dishes.

Niels

Savannah Super Cat
Does it always have to be something ?

It happened also with a cat of me once.
I just cleaned the sheets did no test and it never happened again.

I would start worrying and searching if it happens an second time.

Savannah

Savannah Super Cat
ok so back from vet. they were not able to extract any urine. she peed it all over us! We gave her convenia injection as he said if she did have a uti it would take care of about 90% of the cases. We will monitor her and if she is still peeing on the bed or elsewhere we will have to figure it out. she was pretty pissed actually getting medieval on us. Hissing at me even. All calm now. I hope she will be ok!!! thanks all so much for your help today, team savannah!

John Popp

Site Supporter
Glad she is calming down and sorry she didn't have a better experience at the vet.

Just curious as to how she ranks amongst the rest in your cats hierarchy?

Savannah

Savannah Super Cat
Glad she is calming down and sorry she didn't have a better experience at the vet.

Just curious as to how she ranks amongst the rest in your cats hierarchy?
She is fearless and runs the roost. She is the youngest at 10 months almost. Cooper the Bengal is almost 2 years. Skittles is a rescue and about 8-10 years old. Savannah leaves Skittles alone for the most part and Skittles keeps to herself a lot. Cooper and Savannah are best buds. Love each other. Thanks!!!!

John Popp

Site Supporter

T

The Kasbah

Every Savannah I have ever owned urinated on feather down. We replaced all of the comforters in our home with Down Alternative bedding and the problem was taken care of. There is something about Down that inspires inappropriate elimination... I suspect it is the odor of the down that encourages "marking" behavior.

No need to check her for URI, because of this ONE isolated incident. If this is NOT an isolated instance, then of course, see your vet to rule out a health issue.

Be certain to have your pet spayed before she reaches sexual maturity to prevent spraying behavior. What you are describing is not spraying...but rather inappropriate elimination.

Good luck

John Popp

Site Supporter
Be certain to have your pet spayed before she reaches sexual maturity to prevent spraying behavior. What you are describing is not spraying...but rather inappropriate elimination.

Hey Cynthia, that is a good point, separating inappropriate elimination from spraying. In my head I know the difference, but don't ever really separate them. To me cat pee is cat pee so I haven't ever really ever thought much about separating the two very different types of behavior that surround each. Thanks for giving me a new tool to figure these things out in the future and if my problem pee'r ever goes back at it.