Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my F2 just peed all over girlfriend and i in bed

Savannah

Savannah Super Cat
Well we ruled out health issues. No UTI. Nothing wrong. Blood and urine checked. Saying it is Idiopathic Cystitis. Oh no. So vet said to check out veterinary partner.com and have me ideas like fermone (sp?) therapy. Feliway and plug it in the room she is peeing in. Also water fountain that moves water around. And Glucosamine Chrotin and add to wet food. Any ideas people???besides Marilyn as it is too expensive. Last resort maybe. Help. Thank you !!

T

The Kasbah

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?A=612

Idiopathic Cystitis is most commonly caused by lower urinary tract infection, per the linked article above. From what you have posted, I am assuming your vet has ruled out all potential causes that can be diagnosed medically, including cysts, kidney stones and treatment with antibiotics. His recommendation of Feliway plug ins further leads me to believe your vet believes that this is behavioral, as opposed to a medically based issue.

If so, I still recommend replacing any down bedding with an alternative. If there is no medical cause for this and the cat is still urinating on bedding, it may be that you need to return her to quarantine to reinforce good potty habits and ease her back into your home once again.

Good luck

Savannah

Savannah Super Cat
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?A=612

Idiopathic Cystitis is most commonly caused by lower urinary tract infection, per the linked article above. From what you have posted, I am assuming your vet has ruled out all potential causes that can be diagnosed medically, including cysts, kidney stones and treatment with antibiotics. His recommendation of Feliway plug ins further leads me to believe your vet believes that this is behavioral, as opposed to a medically based issue.

If so, I still recommend replacing any down bedding with an alternative. If there is no medical cause for this and the cat is still urinating on bedding, it may be that you need to return her to quarantine to reinforce good potty habits and ease her back into your home once again.

Good luck
Thanks. Yes urine and blood test. Kidneys are all good. Pee is all good. I already got rid of the down. I have been closing the door to my bedroom where she has peed 3 times. With the door closed she has found the liter box and has not peed anywhere else thank god. So we will keep the door closed for another week and prey she will end this weird behavior. I think she thinks she is protecting me somehow. Thanks so much.

T

The Kasbah

One week is not nearly long enough to break a cat of offensive behavior. Keep her locked out of there for at least a month before allowing her access again.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I had a boy who suddenly started peeing on my bed for no explicable reason. I ended up putting a waterproof tarp over my bed in lieu of a bedspread (he wouldn't pee on something that was not absorbent and could get his paws wet) - literally had to sleep under it and quickly tuck it back in on all for sides as soon as I jumped out of bed. I think it took almost a year before I could finally remove that tarp without him peeing on the bed again...