Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

New Kitten came home with me today.

Sean

Site Supporter
Had more meet and greet time with Bella and it went well. The dunny thing today is I took the scale in to get a weight.
I opened the case and before I could get the new battery installed Xander jumped up and sat on the platform. He
weighed in at 3 Lb 14.25 Oz. Is anyone wanting to bet on when he will reach 4Lb?

He spent time in my room again and played hard. This time I took him out because Bella wanted to stay even after I opened
the door. Yesterday she was out as soon as I opened it.

Sean

Site Supporter
Just had some cat fun. The kitten got some face to face with nothing between. Bella was nosing around after changed the gate/barricade so they
could sea each other Needles to say she jumped over while Xander was in the other room. He rushed up from behind and sort of spooked her. She
turned around and slapped at him but not really trying to reach him. He did what any cat would do that is in the lesser position and went down and
stayed until he could back out. You would think that he would not want to try and play with her after that. But No he still wanted to try and play with
her. She out weights him by about 14 Lb. I know not nice to tell a ladies age or weight. Xander is just 4Lb.

I'll have a video up later as I happened to be recording when they were checking each other out through the baby gate.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Lol, kittens just can't help themselves, can they? Looked normal enough to me, Bella did not instigate and acted like any adult cat who doesn't want to be bothered by a kitten. Especially girls, they take forever to acclimate. I bet as he gets older they will be pals, or at least cohabitate sans hissing. :)

Sean

Site Supporter
She seems to be a bit curious about him.
After all the rirst time she tried to valr over the cardboard to see what was causing the ruckus.
A few hours later I let him back out and had the wall in place. Bella came up and made some
noise and took off. I put Xander back in the bathroom and went to check on her. Alls was ok so
I went back up and only setup half the wall so that when she came up she could see who was on
the other side. She hissed and growled again and even meowed a few times. He came out to see
who was there. I am happy with the progress.

Sean

Site Supporter
Well it was odd today. We are still not letting Xander loose in the house and Bella is still not used to him.
Today I took him down and she was laying on the chari back and I sat down with him in my arms and leaned
back. She knew he was there and even hissed a bit then settled down. Her tail ended up down and turned
into a toy. She seemed to know who was nibbling on the end. Well there came a point where shw had enough.
Seh Hissed and slapped ME right on the face. That is a first. There was not any damage.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
LOL, guess you just got in the way! It seems like it's been a long haul but stay patient, I'm sure she'll come around eventually. And remember to continue to give Bella lots of one-on-one time and attention so she knows she's still the center of your universe...

Sean

Site Supporter
I sure will. Been trying to be sure and spend time with her. At night she sleeps down stairs on the couch
and I have tried to bring her into my room. Somethings it works and others it doesn't. But at least she will
put up with him in the same room so long as he does not jump into her space.

I got a new to me Nikon D300S Sunday and it sure takes some nice photo of cats. It's faster than my old one and
so much better in low light with a cream colored cat and blanket. He shows up and does not blend in and
get washed out by the camera. I'll be posting some new photos after I get some more nice ones.

Sean

Site Supporter
I just had him on the scale because he was acting tired from being played with.
4Lb 10Oz
I need to put my card reader on this computer and see what I got sense Sunday.

I posted some questions over in the health section.