Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

New - with two F6 SBT silver savannahs

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Deborah, I couldn't agree more. All I can think is how much I NEED an F3/F4/F5/F6 little girl now that I have my two big, bad F2 boys. I mean, I feel like there needs to be a little more estrogen in the house to round them out. :)

Totally agree Amanda. I am the only female in the house and drowning in testosterone. I do prefer male cats over females but would definitely need to add a female if I get another SV. I have dreams of a retired F1 but probably have a snowball's chance in hades.

ambiente18

Site Supporter
Hi everyone,

I'm so very excited, my two gorgeous kittens arrive tomorrow . Got two silver F6 SBT savannahs, a boy and a girl, from a breeder here in Devon. Just making final preparations though from what I hear I won't ever be fully ready ;) It's going to be a wild Christmas!
Congratulations Alix! Send a photo of your new kittens and small cuttlefishes too, please:)

Alix Leclerc

Savannah Teenager
lol! It was pretty tough convincing him to get a cat at all... and then a savannah. Only once he agreed to that did I reveal that I would be getting two. Thing is I know he's totally going to love them once they are here.

Just out of interest, because i'm browsing right now, are any of you using Felini compete or another food supplement (if feeding raw)?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Precious! It's hard to wait for them to come home isn't it. I filled the time buying so many toys that I could have opened my own store.

Alix Leclerc

Savannah Teenager
Ridiculously hard. One benefit though, i've spent so much time thinking about them i've not spent my usual amount of time thinking about (and then of course indulging in) copious amounts of chocolate, cake and alcohol :)

Amanda

Savannah Super Cat
Before you spend the amount of money I did on toys, beds, etc., arm yourself with two things. The first is Da Bird toy -- it is guaranteed to give you some peace and quiet (and cute, cuddly kittens) at night after a few good play sessions during the day. The second is a stack of cardboard boxes, especially if they had wine in them to start. It will keep them occupied for hours, and give you patience. :)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
lol! It was pretty tough convincing him to get a cat at all... and then a savannah. Only once he agreed to that did I reveal that I would be getting two. Thing is I know he's totally going to love them once they are here.

Just out of interest, because i'm browsing right now, are any of you using Felini compete or another food supplement (if feeding raw)?
Agreed. It's pretty common for the OH to be won over by Savannahs, many that even stated they didn't much like cats become completely obsessed converts :)

I don't know of Felini, do you have a weblink for that one? I have used Mazuri supplements for years now, my cats were pretty fussy about supplements and hated the taste of many I tried but they are okay with the Mazuri... so I don't try any others any more!