Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

No appetite

Akila

Site Supporter
Did they give her the Cerenia for vomiting or to increase her appetite? I know there is a medicine to increase their appetite, I just don’t know what it is called.
I am going to talk to Akila ‘s vet about the appetite stimulations if she doesn’t start eating better soon!!

MM3

Site Supporter
The vet professes that it’s more of an upset stomach than not having a desire to eat. Apparently vomiting is prevalent but that’s not the case with Emma Mae. It was upset tummy.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Cerenia helps with nausea related to kidney disease and other diseases. Slippery elm bark works also for that, but right now Cerenia works for Cisco and yes, he is very needy, but I don't mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akila

Site Supporter
Does anyone know of anything that stimulates their appetite? Also any tricks on getting my little girl to eat kibble?

I have tried putting gravy on top of it, mixing chicken in with it, tried mixing a few kibble in with her canned food, and putting treats on top of it. All a no go!!!! I think if I can get her to eat some kibble she will put on some weight.

MM3

Site Supporter
Cerenia helps with nausea related to kidney disease and other diseases. Slippery elm bark works also for that, but right now Cerenia works for Cisco and yes, he is very needy, but I don't mind.

FYI much more less expensive to order them on line than at the vets office. I paid $24 for 5 tablets at the vets office. I’ll have to get back with you if your interested. Can’t recall the on line price at this moment.

MM3

Site Supporter

I’m thankful all Emma Mae’s tests returned ok. Yes, the needy isn’t that big of a deal. Unless I have a project deadline.
Hang in there with me!

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Rafiki was on Cerenia when she had the liver issues. It calmed her nausea and gave her an appetite. I was also given something else for appetite but I would have to comb thru the fibrosis thread to find it. I also gave her 1/4 pepcid for an upset tummy. That may also help Emma Mae. To feed her the pepcid, I would slice into a freeze dried turkey tender bite and slip the 1/4 pill in and she would gobble it right down.