Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Peeing on everything

M.Cass

Savannah Kitten
Could be he is just trying to be alpha and still picks up the scent from Echo's accident, anti icky poo is the best for scent removal, hopefully that works.

If it does turn out to be a behavioural issue, u might try finding him a energy outlet, cat wheel or if u have a patio turn it into a catio so he can go out before his walks maybe even put a litter box out there for him add a kitty door u can lock and unlock so he can go to the catio when he wants while your home.

Pics of Echo and his sis to please.
My spoiled babies get to go out on the deck whenever they want when we’re home, I even planted kittie grass for them, they have a kittie door into our garage, that’s where you’ll find all 3 of them most of the time, I was looking into the cat wheel, they’re kinda pricey, especially if they don’t use it, like all the other cat toys we have, they rather play with tie straps, string, finger nail files, etc... they do like their wands though. C223FE2E-9F1E-43CD-96F8-3F1B3CB6DC5F.jpeg

David Z

Site Supporter
They look soon happy out there.
The one fast cat wheel I got for Amara and she uses it everyday now, took a couple weeks getting the kids used to it, if u can't get them to use in first 30 days u can return for full refund just have to save the box.

M.Cass

Savannah Kitten
My spoiled babies get to go out on the deck whenever they want when we’re home, I even planted kittie grass for them, they have a kittie door into our garage, that’s where you’ll find all 3 of them most of the time, I was looking into the cat wheel, they’re kinda pricey, especially if they don’t use it, like all the other cat toys we have, they rather play with tie straps, string, finger nail files, etc... they do like their wands though. View attachment 27234
i think your right about him wanting to be alpha, I was very fortunate that they accepted Echo right away, they don’t fight but Tango doesn’t like it when Echo is around me. The icky poo will be here in 2 days, I’ll give an update. Thank you

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Hopefully the AntiIckyPoo does the trick, be sure to soak the places... and if there is carpet involved then the carpet injector they offer on their website can help get the enzymes down into the underlay. If you can smell it, he can and will keep marking. Cats' noses are more sensitive than ours so even when we think we've cleaned it's not always to their level. Get a black light and go around at night to be sure you get it all!

M.Cass

Savannah Kitten
Hopefully the AntiIckyPoo does the trick, be sure to soak the places... and if there is carpet involved then the carpet injector they offer on their website can help get the enzymes down into the underlay. If you can smell it, he can and will keep marking. Cats' noses are more sensitive than ours so even when we think we've cleaned it's not always to their level. Get a black light and go around at night to be sure you get it all!
Unfortunately it’s carpeting, I did order a black light, I’ll have to order the carpet injector, the padding is waterproof, so hopefully the urine hasn’t seeped into the pad, I’ll keep everyone posted.

Sean

Site Supporter
I am having less of a problem with Xander now. Only one time sense I did a number to the bed. All day washing with new sheets and pad.
I was in a hurry so I trued something a friend said works for her. Pet Stain carpet cleaner. The stuff you mix into a cleaning machine. It goes
into the washing machine without any thing other than the offending items. Once it done a full cycle then you wash it again normally.
Xander has worked up to being allowed on the bed again and he is not had any more accidents.
EDIT: You might end up pulling the carpet up to expose the pad and underlayment. Then treat the sub floor before you put it all back down.
If you find that the sub floor has gotten wet then you will have more work to deal with that. I had to replace the sheeting that was over the subfloor
do to Mokkun or Tetsu using that one wall as his box. The issue ended after I changed the food. Both the boys were having UTIs at the time.
We got Mokkun cleared up but Tetsu would have one show up every now and then. But I knew what to watch for and he never got to the point of outside of the box again.

Last edited:

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Unfortunately it’s carpeting, I did order a black light, I’ll have to order the carpet injector, the padding is waterproof, so hopefully the urine hasn’t seeped into the pad, I’ll keep everyone posted.
If the padding is waterproof then you might still find that the urine has soaked into the carpet and run along the underside. You might still need the injector to get into the pile more than soaking on top. If you are still smelling urine, it's coming from somewhere!