Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Pondering F2 or F6 kitten...

admin

Paige
Staff member
I've had the pleasure of having my F2 Savannah (Mungus) for almost 7 yrs now and what a joy he has been!!
The breeder and online info scared us too about personality traits.
But I 'm sure just like domestic cats each one will have their own personalities. He is the only Savannah cat I have had so having had domestic cats my whole life - my F2 is like having a Cat-Dog

Here are a few fun personality traits our F2 has....
He carries/drags large items around the house daily- blankets/comforters/stuffed animals/pillows/ coats/clothing -
He chews on rugs/boxes & shoes - loves squeaky "dog" toys but his fangs pop the squeaker right away
He has never begged for food while we eat or cook - one thing we were fearful of
He can open one of the kitchen cabinet doors and I often find frying pans in new locations when the duck tape doesn't hold
He has never turned on the faucet - but likes to play in water -Splashes and knocks it over or I find toys in his water bowl almost everyday
He gets along very well with our other short hair domestic cat Rascal
He's always gentle when playing -hands/fingers/toes - doesn't bite down hard or scratch - only one time did he accidentally nip me when he was after a toy (didn't even break skin) and he cried as to say I'm sorry
He does follow me around the house constantly if I'm home doing a project - laundry usually - loves the basket
He loves to go outside - loves it - he will beg to go out at the door daily
He formed a close bond with me and my husband (more w/me yeah!) but he is not very welcoming to strangers - even growls when doorbell rings ? dog?- he has never hurt anyone but growls /hissing - he's all talk
He is almost impossible to take to the Vet (and even the sound of the cat carrier - he's gone!)
He is extremely strong and can't be held down for nail trimming or meds
He is lovable in his own way- you can't hold him - he is not a lap cat but loves headbutts/ rubbing up on your leg and purrs loudly when I rub his face and nose - his fur on his back and tail always puff out when he's happy and he does what I call "the pee pee dance" lifting up his front legs back and forth

I sit here in tears typing this because he is not well these days and I can't imagine life without him!!!
But I would do it all over again in a heartbeat! So which ever one you get I'm sure they will steal your heart!!

What a wonderful description of your F2! He sounds so awesome! You say he isn't well? Would you mind sharing what is wrong, so perhaps we can help you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cathy Muela

Savannah Super Cat
Yes the info is on another thread - I don't want to interrupt this one but would be grateful for everyone's input on the other thread!! I will say he is having a really good day today!!! Happy Mom!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I like the magnetic locks - reminds me of magnetic baby locks you can get for doors and drawers, with these you have to use a 'key' to open them.

dice

Site Supporter
My F2's are incredible. Though most definitely not a lap cat, they do love leg and body butts, love to hide under the covers, and will allow a 15 second cradle love before remembering they are F2's and demand release. Sometimes though they furget they are F2's and will take the cradle love fur a minute and a half, then it's roll with the squirm and get a few more kisses, before they are released.

I imagine in the next two years, they will succumb to laps and cuddles. My F3 boy, after 4 years of not wanting love, has become a most demanding attention getter. :roflmao: When Sampson wants attention, well, you best give it to him. :)

My F3 girl, is my most common companion.!!! she is always near by, often on my shoulder or cuddled into my arm and chest. She is the ultimate lap/cuddle cat, on this planet we call Earth. :roflmao: Whereever I go, she comes with me. Have smuggled Spontaneity into more hotels than I can count.

All I know fur sure, is whenever I Come home, my fur babies are always there demanding some loving.

Els

Site Supporter
Thanks all for the replies. I'm looking forward to the day when I pick up the kitten.

Cathy - hope your cat is doing better now. I've been following your thread elsewhere on this forum.

I'd like to solicit your opinions on the following names (have narrowed to three):

Amaka
Anaya
Elsa

Also, I've bought Go Cat Wheel and have assembled it. Jake doesn't seem to be interested in it even when I dangled his favorite toy inside the wheel. Maybe the kitten will teach him how to use it. :)

I will be picking up the kitten in exact 3 weeks and will of course share pictures!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I like Anaya I bet the kitten well love the wheel and maybe Jake will follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk