Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Poor Saga

Trish Allearz

Sigh...

Well, we had an accident last week that caused a lot of cussing and crying- that was all mine.

Poor Saga managed to skin the tip of her tail- it was just a total accident- it can happen as easily as catching a cat tail in the door. She didn't seem to care a bit, but uh- skeleton tail is pretty creepy!

So my gorgeous black nosed, black spotted, golden girl who was supposed to go to Arcadia with me as a show kitty is already retired from the show hall before she even set paw in it! Her tail was amputated- just an inch- and she's fine, but man- it broke my heart!

I don't have a new pic of her tail, but in this pic- that black tip is now gone :(

Attachments

• Saga0907.jpg
    Saga0907.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 46

admin

Paige
Staff member
Trish, I'm so sorry about Saga! Her show career may be over before it started, but she is a gorgeous girl!

And I'm sufre Saga doesn't realize her tail kept her out of the show hall! Just remember...she is still healthy and looks very happy!!! I know your heart is broken and you must feel terrible, but just know Saga is going to be fine...

S

shelby

I am sorry to hear this Trish;>( We sometimes have to sit back and say..WHY ME;>( Saga is a beautiful girl...tail or no. I know you are heart broken to have her tail amputated and the show prospect taken away. Just love that little soul and know..you may get a carbon copy from a repeat breeding? ;>)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Horrible accident... it's the kind of thing Babbage would do! but she will still be a gorgeous girl even if you can't get the show wins to prove it!

I've seen scalped tail before, we had a DSH develop OCD and fixate on her tail under stress...one day came home to a trail of blood and a kitty with an almost completely scalped tail :-( She looks kinda cute now as a "bobtail" and it did fix the OCD by amputating it...still...horrible for all to go through :-(

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I'm so sorry, Trish! I know you were looking forward to showing her....perhaps a nice baby from her next year will be your show kitty :)

D

Dantes

Kind of reminds me of the movie "The Piano." Maybe you can build her a metal tail tip?

jungle boy

Savannah Super Cat
So sorry about your girl Trish. I have a question though, what does it mean to skin the tail? What kind of injury is that and how does it happen?