Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Running out of ideas....

Harp

Savannah Super Cat
Nature's Variety I believe has Carageenan in it, something I'm trying really hard to avoid. And if I don't trust their canned, then there's no way I'd trust their kibble.

They don't eat the raw food from this company either. I am guessing that NV, like Primal, have to do that pasteurization process and that's what the boys won't eat. Actually the only raw that they're still sort of eating is RadCat, but that's stupidly super expensive.

Sorry I meant the instinct line which doesn't contain that stuff, but clay instead which is said not to be harmful

Harp

Savannah Super Cat
That's the stuff, atlas likes the beef the most. I feed chicken duck and beef, 1 5.5oz can per meal 3x a day. The other cats in the house clean up the left overs. Beef is never left. Chicken and duck are never fully finished by the other 3 cats

I also need to mix it around some times, and re scoop it into clumps for him to eat. If he sees silver he stops eating thinking he is done

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
I don't think I can go down this route. The idea of grinding an actual rabbit...I'd be crying the whole time. Yes, I know I should grow a thicker skin and come to terms with reality, but I'm too old to change at this point.

I tried giving them Primal Rabbit, Stella & Chewy's Rabbit--These were at least $10 more expensive than the regular flavors and they ended up in the trash, what a waste. I also tried Nature's Logic Rabbit, they ate a few cans and then that was it. They refuse it now.
You can buy pre-ground raw rabbit in chubs. Bravo makes it and Small Batch. Also Logic has rabbit patties. The only thing about Logic though, is they put all kinds of other crap in there that cats don't need(or like).

D

Dantes

You can buy pre-ground raw rabbit in chubs. Bravo makes it and Small Batch. Also Logic has rabbit patties. The only thing about Logic though, is they put all kinds of other crap in there that cats don't need(or like).

Thanks. I'll ask at the pet food store tomorrow. They only just started carrying Small Batch.

DChap

Site Supporter
My boy will only eat the canned TikiCat Puka Puka Luau which is strictly chicken in consommé

John Popp

Site Supporter
Have you tried raw rabbit? My cats go crazy for that

I'll second the raw rabbit, my cats love it and can't get enough of it. I do vary their diet, and just know that I need to back off a bit on the chicken and bulk up their portions on the rabbit. Turkey is an absolute non-mover for all three of them. They also do pretty well with pheasant, cornish hen and duck. However I'm sure if they were doing the shopping I would have a freezer full of rabbit.

I also think Paige is in the same boat.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Trying to stay away from Carrageenan, a known carcinogen. :-/
This is something I am unfamiliar with. Do you have more info about it and the inclusion in Wellness Core?

I'm wondering if that contributed to the aggressive cancer San died from (San is shown in my avatar pic).