Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Savannah Cat Eyes

admin

Paige
Staff member
I am curious. When checking out a kitten with thoughts of taking it home, can one tell at that age (is it 10-12 weeks?) if their eyes are the desired shape? Of course, when I get to buy a Savannah, I will surely buy the one I fall in love with regardless of eyes tri big grin: but just curious.

I think you would have a pretty good idea, Evelyn!!!

Trish Allearz

looks like eyes too round maybe from the camera???
I am positive that's why we are getting round eyes from that picture- that is George, the F1 kitten, right?

But that shows how hard it can be to judge eyes. Cat opens their eyes too wide because they are nervous or scared- you get round eyes. Cat squints for some reason- ruins the eye shape.

K

Kronos

Great thread, very educational. How do Kronos' eyes compare against the standard?

First is as a kitten, rest are more recent.

Attachments

• squat.jpg
    squat.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 41
  • kronos worried.jpg
    kronos worried.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 52
  • kronos look.jpg
    kronos look.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 51
  • kronos stalk.jpg
    kronos stalk.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 38
K

Kronos

looks like eyes too round maybe from the camera???

Angles of photos can be deceiving. Look at this pic of Kronos' eyes... they look way off standard!

Attachments

• intense.jpg
    intense.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 15