Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Savannah Cat Price | Savannah Kitten Price

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Congratulations on your new litter! Breeding can be very rewarding, and very heartbreaking. There is a Savannah Mentor's Facebook group I would recommend you join - they are there specifically to help you as a new breeder, and answer your questions.
I could never be a good breeder simply because your one part of your statement "very heartbreaking", I could never let them go!

NatalieF

Savannah Super Cat
Sadly F1HybridSavannah just confirmed to me last week that:
JVSavannah.com was a total scam

I was very disappointed by this as the "Savannah Program run by TICA members to help families afford high quality Savannahs" I thought sounded kind of cool. They claimed that this program only comes around once every 4 to 5 years and only a few kittens were available at a time, sounded like a cool program.....
Wrong, very disappointing scam.

While I was waiting to be approved by Savannah chat forum I contacted several Savannah breeders asking about their cats and about prices and temperament of their cattery raised Savannah's.

One of a few others was a Cattery called NewFoundSavannah. http://newfoundsavannah.com/
I'm worried they may be a scam too...can anyone confirm if they are a real Cattery? Or is it another scam?

How do all these scammers get away with doing this???

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Sadly F1HybridSavannah just confirmed to me last week that:
JVSavannah.com was a total scam

I was very disappointed by this as the "Savannah Program run by TICA members to help families afford high quality Savannahs" I thought sounded kind of cool. They claimed that this program only comes around once every 4 to 5 years and only a few kittens were available at a time, sounded like a cool program.....
Wrong, very disappointing scam.

While I was waiting to be approved by Savannah chat forum I contacted several Savannah breeders asking about their cats and about prices and temperament of their cattery raised Savannah's.

One of a few others was a Cattery called NewFoundSavannah. http://newfoundsavannah.com/
I'm worried they may be a scam too...can anyone confirm if they are a real Cattery? Or is it another scam?

How do all these scammers get away with doing this???
I can't say for sure, but I would be very cautious. Selling F1's that price seems way too cheap and I noticed some pictures that the background looks exactly like another breeder that I have seen (not on this board) and the hands holding the Kitten looks familiar as well. I am not going so far as to say they are a scam, but I would say I would not send them a DIME until you see a lot more proof and maybe go and visit them in person!

SavannahLuv

Site Supporter
IMO, looks like a scam. I also find it odd they don't have info/pics of their queens & studs. When prices seem too good to be true, it's usually because it's a scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NatalieF

Savannah Super Cat
Yes they are known scammers!!

You will be OK if you stick with the breeders in this group. What generation are you looking for? And where do you live?
I'm so sad another scammer is in play.... it's heartbreaking......

I was looking for a possibly F2 or F3 male.... also have considered a Savannah Jungle hybrid from the lovely Lynn of JungleSpots (I think she is who I'm leaning towards...she's been very kind and answered a lot of questions and from what I've read has a beautiful family zoo/Cattery. )

I eventually want a serval when my youngest is at least 10-12 years of age....
But it seems impossible to get 1,000 hours of "hands on experience hours taking care of class 2 wildlife" that a class 2 wildlife license demands you obtain or you can't get the license...all the local rescues basically shame and condem you for even contemplating having a class 2 wildlife as a pet/companion (both my children have been telling me just over 2 years that they want to grow up to be wildlife care takers and work with zoos and disneys animal kingdom (animal kingdom is there favorite place to go) and I told them if my youngest turns 10 and they both feel that way that mommy would do all she can to help and encourage them (that's 4 years away) but this may be a pipe dream (my kids actually wanted a cheetah and I told them no....serval seemed like an ok compromise ^^;). my kids are amazingly intelligent and great with animals as am I and I've got tons of time to spare to train an animal of that caliber and it sounds like an amazing journey of a trip to have with my family.