Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Savannah Cat Price | Savannah Kitten Price

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Natalief, I can tell you all of the Breeders here are top notch, Check out Elsa's Website in my signature file and you can see more about Elsa. There are excellent Breeders both here and other sites. I know that I have had nothing but Good luck with Elsa and other people I know here have had excellent luck with them as well. I know when Elsa first arrived (and you can see her video) that she within a minute or so came out to play and was VERY VERY social from day 1 and has been ever since.

Also, there are some links that I have put in her site which I have found over time of good useful Savannah information.

NatalieF

Savannah Super Cat
Natalief, I can tell you all of the Breeders here are top notch, Check out Elsa's Website in my signature file and you can see more about Elsa. There are excellent Breeders both here and other sites. I know that I have had nothing but Good luck with Elsa and other people I know here have had excellent luck with them as well. I know when Elsa first arrived (and you can see her video) that she within a minute or so came out to play and was VERY VERY social from day 1 and has been ever since.

Also, there are some links that I have put in her site which I have found over time of good useful Savannah information.
Thank you so much John for the link and help ^_^ greatly appreciated!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
also have considered a Savannah Jungle hybrid from the lovely Lynn of JungleSpots (I think she is who I'm leaning towards.
If you want a savannah cat, buy it from a reputable savannah breeder. If you want a Chausie, make sure she's a reputable dealer. A savannah/chausie (jungle cat) mix is, imo, a mutt that contributes nothing valuable to either breed. I would not buy from a backyard breeder who willy nilly mixes genes together just for the fun of it.

Alicia may

Savannah Kitten
I've placed a deposit on this cute f6 sbt snow savannah kitten from a breeder. She is the most adorable thing with blue eyes and I'm more then happy to bring her home. She has priced her at 4000 which at first I thought was reasonable since she said that only 1 in every 100 savannah kittens were born snow. After doing some reading I see f6 sbt going for alot cheaper, I've also read that tica doesn't recognize this colour because the serval isn't snow. After reading the bill I also have to pay an extra 200 ontop for spaying her. Just wanted the opinion of others if thats the going rate or not.
Thanks

Attachments

Eugena

Savannah Super Cat
$4000.00 pet price on an F6SBT is a bit high imo. The $200.00 for spaying is reasonable if gas is used. I didn't even have to pay $4000.00 for breeding rights on my F6 SBT's and my stud carries for snow.

admin

Paige
Staff member
A breeder will get what the buyer pays and if you don't do your research, you will pay way more than you should in some cases.

I have F6 SBT's due soon. I have never, ever asked that price. Snows do not cost more than any other savannah and there are many snows born these days. So..if you like the kitten, I guess you will have to pay the Allison's pricing.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Whether the color is a standard color or not does not matter if you do not intend to show the cat. The kitten is very cute but is priced more than a F6 should normally go for. The price is more in line with F2s and F3's, not F6s. It comes down to......do you really want that kitten? If so, the price is fine. I have to say that when I looked at my baby, I did not ask the price of her versus her brother or the F2 male I was also looking at......I wanted HER!

dice

Site Supporter
seems way spendy fur an F6, more of a pricing fur an exquisite F3, or a bargain F2. Don't know how much you put down, but far as price goes, you'd be ahead of the cash spent game by searching available savannahs from breeders on this forum and forfeiting your deposit.

Then again, she is a cutie, and if your heart throbs fur her, would try and renegotiate the price, by saying you're more than willing to forfeit the deposit, shop elsewhere, and quote the common price range fur F6's.

Far as the eyes being blue, well most kittens and babies eyes start out as blue, once they age, the color will likely change. All my fur kids eyes were blue as kittens, my f2 boy turned gold, f2 girl turned gold with green centers, f3 girl turned green, and my f3 boy turned deep devil gold. lmao :roflmao:

best of luck with whatever you decide, welcome to the forum, and know you'll always love your Savannah, regardless of funds spent. The 15k I've spent fur my cats, I feel, is some of the best money I've ever spent.

Snakebike

Savannah Super Cat
Natalie F-
I have a Chausie from Lynn. I bought him as a kitten. He is now 3 years old. Everything went smoothly and perfectly and he is a great cat. Lynn knows her stuff and I highly recommend her.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
$4000.00 pet price on an F6SBT is a bit high imo. The $200.00 for spaying is reasonable if gas is used. I didn't even have to pay $4000.00 for breeding rights on my F6 SBT's and my stud carries for snow.
When I got Elsa (F3) I paid $2500 for her... I know there is in flation.. But seems a little pricey, but these bundle of joys are really great and super intelligent.