Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Southerners delight!!

A

Alice

Mmmm anyone know what this is?? :) I used to live in NC and we ate these every spring!! I paid a friend to ship me some 2 day air.... Delicious!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20130419_214142.jpg
    IMG_20130419_214142.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 26

John Popp

Site Supporter
No clue here either, just long for the days when I actually have time for something like that for breakfast and am retired on the North Carolina shore.

A

Alice

They are ramps!! :) Mmmmmm..... Boy these were particularly stinky too! Hooweee... Stinking up the house through the double boxes and double bags they were sealed in :) These were pretty darn fresh!
Love to fry them up, we would eat them plain or usually with potatoes, and sometimes eggs too :) this was actually a combination of the 3, ramps, eggs and taters :) delicious!!!

admin

Paige
Staff member
They are ramps!! :) Mmmmmm..... Boy these were particularly stinky too! Hooweee... Stinking up the house through the double boxes and double bags they were sealed in :) These were pretty darn fresh!
Love to fry them up, we would eat them plain or usually with potatoes, and sometimes eggs too :) this was actually a combination of the 3, ramps, eggs and taters :) delicious!!!

OK, what are ramps?

A

Alice

Oh yes indeed! They are delicious but sooo smelly! Though honestly I think these are the stinkiest ones I have ever had! They don't always smell this bad :)
And I agree, NC is lovely... I have been talking about moving back East/South when I have a chance... I miss it! People in the Pacific Northwest are weird.