Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Super Nova is here!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
It's definitely something a breeder needs to have in paperwork. But I hope that you are also being informed about how different a Serval will be to a Savannah, especially when adult at say 4-5 years. It's a very different pet. Maybe you can visit that breeder before you make that call?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new baby - he is gorgeous!
I second Brigitte re: serval ownership - be sure you do your research and are ready to put out the time, commitment, and expense required to own an exotic animal.

S

Super_Nova1

Thanks guys!

Oh for sure we will be visiting the cattery and getting all the details on day to day life with a Serval first hand.
Too bad you couldn't rent one for a month so you get the real experience lol.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
General Mills bought them?!
I had no idea they sold themselves out like that.

Man, that's unfortunate.
I guess we will need to find him another brand.

I was looking at Merrick before we brought the Blue Wilderness.

Essence is a good brand, relatively new - pretty clean for a dry. Orijen is decent, it made my crew a bit bloated, tho.

admin

Paige
Staff member
General Mills bought them?!
I had no idea they sold themselves out like that.

Man, that's unfortunate.
I guess we will need to find him another brand.

I was looking at Merrick before we brought the Blue Wilderness.

Essence is a good brand, relatively new - pretty clean for a dry. Orijen is decent, it made my crew a bit bloated, tho.

What do you think about Farmina?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Super_Nova1

Well, 3 weeks ago we weighed Nova and he was 7.4 lbs.

I work out of town for a week at a time.
Every time I come home I say to myself that boy looks taller.

So today we weighed him and he is tipping the scales at 12.4 lbs!
Nova is growing like a weed!

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
What do you think about Farmina?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmina put a lot of thought into their food, I think it’s pretty good. The rep was knowledgeable, too. I did try it last year and the boys liked it, but Ninja doesn’t do well with any sort of starch (they use pea starch).

They have a new Prime line that I haven’t looked into yet, as well.

Hippy

Site Supporter
How is

Stella & Chewys Raw Coated Cage Free Chicken Dry Cat Food

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk