Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surprises in litterbox

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
The better solution is to feed the cat a diet that doesn't cause stinky poo. Anything we use in the way of artificial scents to mask the odor runs the risk of making the cat litter box averse.

John Popp

Site Supporter
I agree with Deborah, deal with it at the source of the issue. Things that work to cover up odors for humans just don't do the trick for a cats acute sense of smell. The typical cat response to them is "Man, what smells like foot, ass and roses?".

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I spray it in and over the litterbox then around the room when it's stinky. And I feed him half a pouch just about daily. I started with a tablespoon and he went nuts over it so I give him half a pouch when I train him. He gets chicken daily I cook it up round dinner time and it keeps him away from my plates lol. It's not diarrhea or anything it looks like his normal poop but is extra stinky for some reason,

"Those who wander aren't always lost"

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Many folk report that poops stink a whole lot less on a raw diet...so if this is an issue for you, it would seem a thing to trial?

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
My sense of smell stinks so they really are foul lol. I think the time has come. =]

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Are you guys using "poopourie" or regular "potpourri"? I thought poopourie created a film across the water to capture stink so I wouldn't think that it was that effective for a litter box. And, BTW, I seriously thought that the product was a gag as the commercial had me doubled over in laughter.

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Yes poopouri and it creates a barrier around the little astronauts lol not necessarily just in the porcelain prison I haven't used it before he uses the litterbox just afterwards

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Vat19 is my favorite thing in the whole world. I sit and look at their commercials for days...I love Joey :p