Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Taj and his Hyendry Toy

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
We got two different hyendry toys for nailah. One was not savannah proof and she ended up eating it, and vomitting it up for several hours. This was the flutter hyde toy. Fortunately, not impaction. Then Nailah almost got strangled on the wire after it snagged on her collar. These were two very scary moments for us. The divateaser is much more savannah proof, we took it off of the wire and she LOVES it. I just feel like I have a responsibility to warn the community about the danger of the wire connecter and the flutter hyde attachment.

The thicker pieces are great and SVs love them.

Hi Rylie, I'm sorry the flutterhyde didn't hold up with her. It seems people do not understand the purpose of a teaser. Cats should not be allowed to chew on them or let cats run off with them. They are definitely not intended for that purpose. If you want a toy they can run around with you should consider the sheepskin or better yet the alpaca or the new toobinators (which have catnip inside) as those seems to be the most savannah proof and designed for how it sounds like you are using the teasers. I doubt the Diva feathers will last long if you've let her have it as a chew toy. :-(

Rylie

Diorcats
Yeah, it was partially my fault for sure. I never left it out/leave it out for her while I am not around but she did get it and drag it off to another room and within a matter of minutes it was devoured. I do think a disclaimer would be helpful for new savannah owners like myself. Maybe even replacing the wire with a breakable string or omitting the string part altogether, as that snagged as we were playing. I do appreciate the response though; I didn't hear back from you when I voiced my concerns via email. I will continue using the toys as Nailah is a huge fan, I'll just be sure to purchase the toobinators/thicker ones in the future. Thanks. :)

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
Oh
Yeah, it was partially my fault for sure. I never left it out/leave it out for her while I am not around but she did get it and drag it off to another room and within a matter of minutes it was devoured. I do think a disclaimer would be helpful for new savannah owners like myself. Maybe even replacing the wire with a breakable string or omitting the string part altogether, as that snagged as we were playing. I do appreciate the response though; I didn't hear back from you when I voiced my concerns via email. I will continue using the toys as Nailah is a huge fan, I'll just be sure to purchase the toobinators/thicker ones in the future. Thanks. :)

Oh dear... Honestly I don't think we got an email or we would most certainly have replied! We even send email to customers to be sure they received their orders and asking how the cats like them. Did you get the long fishing line type or the shorter wire type wand? (I don't have the invoices handy right here) We do have a warning on the teaser page for this very reason... they are fine for jumping around and chasing when supervised, but we've lost more than one teaser if the cats have a chance to run off with them. If you want we would be happy to replace with the other wand or just a toy if you'd prefer it.

Rylie, we are so very sorry that your cat swallowed the hide strips from your Hyendry cat teaser, but I have to be honest, cat teasers are NOT chew toys and we have a warning on the flutterhyde page to let all potential customers know of the danger of letting cats play unsupervised with a cat teaser. Below is a copy and paste from the Hyendry flutterhyde cat teaser page warning of this situation: It shows up as black ink and is a little hard to read, but the disclosure is there for new Savannah owners and all other cat owners as well.

WARNING !! Teaser toys are NOT chew toys. We want you & your cat to have many, many hours of satisfying and safe fun playing with your flutterhyde cat teasers. Flutterhyde cat teasers are like all other cat teasers. They are designed only for human supervised interaction with your cat(s). The teasers are not meant to be chew toys for a cat, nor are they designed for a "full out tug-of-war". A cat will tear up the feathers and hide strips or eat the small parts if permitted to simply play with the toys unsupervised. PLEASE play safe and use flutterhyde cat teasers only as cat teasers. Thank you.

I hope this helps convey the message that we take this seriously and do not want any cat / kitten be harmed by the wrong use of a cat teaser. as a matter of fact, we are so safety concious, that on our website, we have the following message posted on our natural hide cat toy page ( this pertains to toys that a cat will play with by themselves.
"Feline fun & safety are priorities when it comes to our cat toys, so there are NO strings, NO buttons, NO bells or NO other attachments that could become a choking hazard to your cat. Just pure hide or skin for you cat to love."
Thank you very much Rylie. We really do appreciate your business. Marc A Greer, hyendry comfurt pet products

Rylie

Diorcats
My comment was only meant as constructive criticism, from one feline lover to the next. It my was fault I did not see the warning.

As I said I will continue to enjoy many hours of fun with one of your other hyendry toys.

I am FWDing you my previous comment to your email, in case you wanted to respond there instead of here.

Rylie

Diorcats
PS I think Nailah was a puppy in her past life, she is very rough on all her toys! LOL She's probably just that one oddball case.

admin

Paige
Staff member
It shows up as black ink and is a little hard to read, but the disclosure is there for new Savannah owners and all other cat owners as well.

WARNING !! Teaser toys are NOT chew toys. We want you & your cat to have many, many hours of satisfying and safe fun playing with your flutterhyde cat teasers. Flutterhyde cat teasers are like all other cat teasers. They are designed only for human supervised interaction with your cat(s). The teasers are not meant to be chew toys for a cat, nor are they designed for a "full out tug-of-war". A cat will tear up the feathers and hide strips or eat the small parts if permitted to simply play with the toys unsupervised. PLEASE play safe and use flutterhyde cat teasers only as cat teasers. Thank you.

marc, you can always change the color of text by highlighting it and then clicking on the text tool ;)

admin

Paige
Staff member
My comment was only meant as constructive criticism, from one feline lover to the next. It my was fault I did not see the warning.

As I said I will continue to enjoy many hours of fun with one of your other hyendry toys.

I am FWDing you my previous comment to your email, in case you wanted to respond there instead of here.

I think that stuff happens unfortunately and it is part of life - and business. I am lucky in that my cats do not eat their toys, but it is easy to forget to put something away or to hide a toy and then find out your cat found and ate...constructive criticism is always helpful in any business...so I'm sure Lori and Marc are not taking this personally.

There is always a disclaimer with any of the toys I buy as well...

I have to say that Taj And Zuri beat up their new Hyendry toys with no problems, so I'm sure you all will work this out. Plus as you have said, Rylie, your cats love the other hyendry toys, so that is a good thing.

Not every toy works out for every cat - also a fact of cat life ;) Looks like you have found some hyendry toys that do work though, which we are happy about because we like to support local and savannah family businesses ;) We are all in this together...