Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

The Royal Rumble of cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shelby

i think with being consistent with the time out at the very start of the fussing you will get results. I would not allow for any growling.....IF ANY GROWLING GOES ON IT WOULD BE ME;>) Just jump in there and take control of the situation;>) Jazzy will thank you! LOL

D

Dawn

Trim claws if you haven't already, that tends to reduce inter-cat pressure.
Inky probably feels imposed on, and has to protect his blind friend as well. You've tried feeding them together from separate bowls? It may help, especially if you cuddle Inky while at the feeding. Best of luck, you've done well so far!

Actually for the first month Jazzy had her own litter box and food and water bowls in my son's room, but once she came out that was all she wrote. Jazzy now eats from the other cat's food and water which actually they don't bother her when she does. They each take turns and when one is done then the next comes in.

Since Jazzy isn't locked in Corey's room anymore it is impossible to separate their food. When she first left Corey's room I still left her food and water in there but she never went back for it so I took it out. Besides once she came out and the other cats started to go back there to check things out they started to eat her food.

We always have a large bowl full of dry food and a large bowl of water out for our other cats and then we would put out 2 cans of moist food in separate bowls for them to eat. Now with Jazzy out and eating their food I mix her dry food in with the others so she gets her kitten chow. As for moist food I put out 2 cans in the morning which Jazzy usually eats 1 on her own then 2 more at night to make sure they are all getting enough. Jazzy has a bottomless stomach so she eats much more then the others. So eating from the same bowls isn't a problem. I don't know why, but when they see her eating they won't mess with her. Inky will sit and watch her eat and do nothing. It's just sometimes they get into a staring match and that's when it begins and it sounds like a jungle in here.

D

Dawn

i think with being consistent with the time out at the very start of the fussing you will get results. I would not allow for any growling.....IF ANY GROWLING GOES ON IT WOULD BE ME;>) Just jump in there and take control of the situation;>) Jazzy will thank you! LOL

Well I've told ya about that fat cat! There isn't any growling when all this goes down. The only time there is growling is when I try to take a toy or something that Jazzy shouldn't be eating, like our boat documents she ate, away from her. She really didn't like me taking my camera back from her this morning but not everything can be her toy! LOL

D

Dawn

Sorry for the confusion when I started this thread. If any of you have children you understand how hard it is to have a conversation on the phone or type something up, think straight, and not repeat or jumble things together when doing so when your 5yr. old is pulling at your arm and constantly asking questions and wanting things done while your trying to spit out what your story is.

Thanks for the advice and I apologize for the confusion.

S

shelby

Dawn you are at the right place to get good advice. The confusion was in the wording I think. The shame is not in trying to find the right answer...it is in not trying. Just know I always want to hear how my babies are doing...good, bad...I want it all. I will always be there for the new owners. If I don't know...I will find someone that does;>) Just love that baby.

D

Dawn

Dawn you are at the right place to get good advice. The confusion was in the wording I think. The shame is not in trying to find the right answer...it is in not trying. Just know I always want to hear how my babies are doing...good, bad...I want it all. I will always be there for the new owners. If I don't know...I will find someone that does;>) Just love that baby.

You know she is loved here! Thanks again!
Oh by the way can you send me that info on that person who makes those jackets for Savannahs so we can get one for Jazzy to take her for walks? Corey thinks she looks out the window because she wants to go out but actually she is trying to attack the bugs landing on the outside of the window.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Let's start a new thread for Jazzy! No need to keep seeing the rumble title ;) So dawn, when you want to post next, feel free to start a new one. I am going to lock this...

Status
Not open for further replies.