Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unexpected meeting of the kitties

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
We are anxiously awaiting Shane coming home from work!! Which means we get extra momma/kitty time :) I'm trying to do homework but he is all in my way. Center of attention lol
Of course. He MUST supervise. You cannot do anything alone. You are a mere human.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Awww, Fitz really wants to play with Kinsler! I think they're going to be just fine. Charlotte will be fine as well, as long as she has her escape routes and Fitz doesn't decide to torment her ;) I'm thinking that Kinsler will give him plenty of play time though - Kinsler looked just as interested (in his adult way) as Fitz did :up:

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Here is what I noticed:
When Fitz was interacting with Charlotte, his tail was all puffed out. She did all the talking and he was submissive but still curious and wanting to cautiously approach.
When he met up with Kinsler, the tail was completely normal. There were a few sounds from Kinsler but no posturing and his body language was more curious than anything.
I will be greatly surprised if the boys are playing and rough housing within the next couple of days.
I think that your impromptu introduction was a success.

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
Would it be ok if I leave the other kitties out when I let Fitz explore the house? Or do I need to put them up?

Carykd7kau

Me, I would say go for it, just stay very aware of where they all are. If things get out of hand then put Char and Kins in another room and let Fitz 'splore. You are a good kitty mom, you know what to do. ;)

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
I just don't want to do something wrong and mess him up for life haha I do miss being able to leave the bedroom door open and waking up to Kins cuddles! I hope I get to wake up to Kins and Fitz cuddles!! :)

Carykd7kau

Don't push too hard, hon. He is still getting his new home legs. He will come along soon enough. I may be over ruled by the more experienced folks here, but I say let them get acquainted "Under supervision of Mom".