Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Where do I go from here?

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I will have to check out the book.

Echo loves when I massage his shoulders. Once in a while he'll actually purr, not something he does very often. Well, not that I know of because you can't hear when he purrs but can feel it. He makes up for it in talking. He is really really vocal, and loud. We hold conversations and I swear he knows what I'm saying.

Sending telepathic messages is easy. Animals naturally communicate telepathically, so pick up on more than we do. When we talk we naturally put our thoughts into pictures, which is what animals understand. When I was learning to be an animal communicator I noticed that my messages were getting through loud and clear, I was just not "hearing" what they were saying back. A good tip is to think positively. For instance, paws on the floor instead of don't jump up.
Maybe for petting and stuff try visualizing you petting Echo, and him enjoying it, so he gets the idea that it is a good thing.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I understand completely. Maliik is 3.5 and he still occasionally cringes when I pet him but he continues to make progress. I recently read a book by Carol Guerney, Language of Animals, 7 Steps to Communicating with Animals, and have been practicing some of the techniques on Maliik these past few days. Didn't tell my husband and yet he said tonight that he's noticed a huge difference in Maliik's behavior toward us these past few days -- more calm and accepting -- and asked me what could be the reason. I confessed about trying telepathy and relaxation techniques and after a :rolleyes: he confessed that he believed what I was doing was making a difference.

There are days when I feel defeated and so very sad that after all this time he still keeps so much of himself from us. And then he'll sit beside me on the couch and I'll massage his neck and toes and he starts purring and drooling and it gives me incentive to keep on trying.
I got this amazing book called "Animal Talk" by Penelope Smith for Christmas. I'm only a few chapters in, but it is amazing! She does a step by step on how to communicate with animals, and really helps you evaluate what is blocking your communication.