Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darwin's Natural Pet Food

D

Dantes

I just got the trial of Darwin's, but unfortunately my boys won't eat the chicken. They don't eat RadCat or Primal chicken either. What's up with the chicken? Duma steals chicken pieces from me if I'm cooking. Will be trying Turkey tonight.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I just got the trial of Darwin's, but unfortunately my boys won't eat the chicken. They don't eat RadCat or Primal chicken either. What's up with the chicken? Duma steals chicken pieces from me if I'm cooking. Will be trying Turkey tonight.

Zeddie hates chicken. She will only eat it in treats. I tried chicken and mackerel, and she wouldn't eat that either. She loves turkey though

Lesley

Site Supporter
Mine really like turkey as well. They will eat chicken as well, but I think our male may have a slight sensitivity to it. I don't think its a food allergy at this point, but I'm trying to limit chicken. I am also trying to limit seafood due to mercury and other pollutants. AND his sis is a picky eater. But, they do agree on freeze dried Primal raw turkey.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
Paige, did your cats eat chicken before you tried this? Mine won't eat raw chicken, or at least I haven't found something in chicken they will eat and I have tried a bunch! Right now they are on a beef kick. They are eating Primal Beef and Salmon for cats and Instinct Beef. They stopped eating the Primal Rabbit and Venison, though they devoured some venison cubes we gave them as a treat. That was fresh as my husband was processing it when he gave them a bite! I would love to add variety but worry with this being poultry based they will turn their little noses up at it.

They didn't like rabbit from Hare Today, but did eat their venison. May try more of that. They won't eat the Primal Chicken and Salmon, Kovu recently stopped eating Instinct Chicken for Cats. I keep telling them there are starving cats on the streets so they should appreciate and eat their food but that hasn't convinced them!

admin

Paige
Staff member
Becki mine don't normally eat chicken, but for some reason they are Darwin's....they don't ask eat it though. Cinny prefers rabbit... Ixas will sometimes eat Darwins but prefers canned. They all, including Orion now, love whole prey.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

D

Dantes

Zeddie hates chicken. She will only eat it in treats. I tried chicken and mackerel, and she wouldn't eat that either. She loves turkey though
So bizarre because I bought raw chicken wings (for me to make buffalo wings) yesterday and Duma ate right through the package trying to get them. Yet he turned up his nose at the chicken Darwins that was sitting on his plate. Uggggh. He also loves freeze dried chicken treats. Trying turkey tonight, I didn't realize I had so much chicken left.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
So bizarre because I bought raw chicken wings (for me to make buffalo wings) yesterday and Duma ate right through the package trying to get them. Yet he turned up his nose at the chicken Darwins that was sitting on his plate. Uggggh. He also loves freeze dried chicken treats. Trying turkey tonight, I didn't realize I had so much chicken left.

Zeddie won't eat beef. I gave some to her when she was a kitten and it made her have a bad tummy ache, and when she did eat it she just picked at it. When we buy beef from the grocery store, however, she is all over it. They want what they can't have:rolleyes:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Yeah, it seems there is just something about 'human' food that our cats can't resist!!