Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darwin's Natural Pet Food

Sage Isleib

Savannah Teenager
Hello everyone. My name is Sage and my female F2 savannah (Freckles) just received her trial Darwin's package and still awaiting her Wild-Trax supplement. She has recently suffered and had us very scared from a UTI, which claimed our last 2 kittens. She still seems to be suffering with an equilibrium issue and won't climb or jump unless her food is vertical, which was how she was before her illness. I read over all of your suggestions and ideas and am going to try them out. I also read the Q&A with Marilyn and took a lot away from her responses. She is 4 years old and not very energetic and I am hoping to encourage her spry self to come play. I am hoping and starting with her diet 1st. I still can't find a treat she really enjoys to help with re-enforcing and strengthening our bond. She was given to us via friends a few months back with her other young feline girl who seems to hold all the energy. I will give feedback on our experience and I appreciate reading your forum feedbacks.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Hi Sage, and welcome to the forum! I'm not quite following all of your post but it sounds like Freckles had a problem before she came to you? Why do you say she has an equilibrium issue? Does she lose her balance and fall over or ? I'm assuming you took her to the vet to treat the UTI, what did he have to say about the disequilibrium? The reason I ask is because often that can be caused by an ear infection. I'm very sorry to hear that you lost two kittens to UTI - I've not heard of urinary tract infections being contagious or deadly, that's very sad. I hope Freckles will be 100% back to health soon. Why did your friends give her up? She looks beautiful from your avatar, I hope you will post more pics!

Sage Isleib

Savannah Teenager
Hi Sage, and welcome to the forum! I'm not quite following all of your post but it sounds like Freckles had a problem before she came to you? Why do you say she has an equilibrium issue? Does she lose her balance and fall over or ? I'm assuming you took her to the vet to treat the UTI, what did he have to say about the disequilibrium? The reason I ask is because often that can be caused by an ear infection. I'm very sorry to hear that you lost two kittens to UTI - I've not heard of urinary tract infections being contagious or deadly, that's very sad. I hope Freckles will be 100% back to health soon. Why did your friends give her up? She looks beautiful from your avatar, I hope you will post more pics!
She came to us do to friends that were military and relocating and couldn't bring them. We cleaned her ears delicately everyday prior because she seemed to build excessive build up so it was very inner ear issues. She was having and continues to have issues with her ears. We have tried 3 different kinds of prescribed antibiotics (oral, ear drops and now quartered pills) and it just seems she is slowly getting better. I will definitely be posting more pictures after I get her better. And the Upper respiratory infection is what claimed out kitty's and tried to get our Freckles.

Attachments

• 2013-10-26 22.28.57.jpg
    2013-10-26 22.28.57.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 11

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Ah - I was wondering if you meant URI rather than UTI. They can definitely be nasty. Poor Freckles, it sounds like she's having a rough time of it, but very lucky to have you giving her such good care! As for a treat she'll like - have you tried the Halo Livs-A-Little freeze dried chicken treats? My cats go nuts for them! I've also heard that freeze dried chicken hearts are irresistible, but I have not tried them myself.

Sage Isleib

Savannah Teenager
Ah - I was wondering if you meant URI rather than UTI. They can definitely be nasty. Poor Freckles, it sounds like she's having a rough time of it, but very lucky to have you giving her such good care! As for a treat she'll like - have you tried the Halo Livs-A-Little freeze dried chicken treats? My cats go nuts for them! I've also heard that freeze dried chicken hearts are irresistible, but I have not tried them myself.
I will find out tomorrow because have tried everything else. Thank you.

F/3

Savannah Super Cat
I'm going to give Darwin a try. Last month I placed a 1000.00 order with Hare today. Looking for something a little cheaper.
Mark

Rafiki

Site Supporter
For some reason, Rafiki is totally fine with Darwin. Happily eats it twice a day. Jammu, on the other hand, only gets it for breakfast as he is very insistent on getting chunks of meat so that is what he gets for dinner. Darwin is nice and convenient.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I'm going to give Darwin a try. Last month I placed a 1000.00 order with Hare today. Looking for something a little cheaper.
Mark
Have you looked at Feline's Pride? I think they have distributors all over the country. You might be able to find it in a local boutique-type pet store.

F/3

Savannah Super Cat
Have you looked at Feline's Pride? I think they have distributors all over the country. You might be able to find it in a local boutique-type pet store.
I just googled them and saw nothing bet bad reviews. Everyone loved the product but wasn't getting their shipment and would get no answer from email or phone.
Mark