Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Diet

Manu+Horde

Savannah Super Cat
Good to hear that you are on the right way - 100% would be the goal - hopefully you can reach it with you furr babies :)
As said - commercial products are sometimes ok but not all of them - raw food is normally best - prey food also ... but every cat is different - it is also not that easy to find the match to every cat - it needs some time that they accept a food change. I'm hoping you get those two to 100% food / stool happiness ...

keep us updated & fingers crossed :)

Good to hear that you are on the right way - 100% would be the goal - hopefully you can reach it with you furr babies :)
As said - commercial products are sometimes ok but not all of them - raw food is normally best - prey food also ... but every cat is different - it is also not that easy to find the match to every cat - it needs some time that they accept a food change. I'm hoping you get those two to 100% food / stool happiness ...

keep us updated & fingers crossed :)
We're on day 3 of raw. So far so good! Just need to get balance right for nutrients. Now it's just mostly chicken. Tiny bit of liver. I'm off to buy a mincer today so I'll batch make them. You have 4 fur babies?!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Manu+Horde

Savannah Super Cat
Yep - i've got 4 at the moment :) you can check up my introduction for photos and story :)

Also i'm hoping to get my Savannah Girl to mate a Serval next year (this year didn't worked out - but this is another story in Breeding)
And all of the 4 have different food preferences - but everthing is fine ... they are healthy fine and active ... 3 red european/british shorthair mix and one tall lady Savannah :)

Day 3 on raw and a quite positive reaction with stool ... that is really ok ... maybe after a week or two ... you can be sure how your kittens go along with the new diet ... i really hope that this is a solution for you and your furr babies :)