Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Girls vs. boys

admin

Paige
Staff member
Congrats Alisha!!! can't wait to see pics ;) I have to say I have always had males as well, but love Zuri to death...she is a handful, but entertaining, loving and keeps life interesting. I think it also depends on whether the females are spayed or not.

Wyldthingz

Savannah Super Cat
I have had mostly females for obvious reasons. I picked most based on personality so they all have been wonderful. Some are my special favorites. Savannahs are a bit different than other cats as their sociability is based more on their breed and rearing than sex. I find the girls rule the roost tho'. I had an F4 male that tried to lord it over them. It worked for a while until my F2, Confetti, taught him that she was queen and that is just the way things are. He minded his P's and Q's after that.

MasternMargo

Savannah Super Cat
Every female cat I've ever had has been a drama queen Diva. Talkative, demanding, prissy. I loved them to pieces but I prefer boys. My guys are lovers with enough pi$$ & vinegar to make life interesting. I still have an 18yr old female DSH and her divaness has grown in proportion to her age. She makes life a bit rough for the savannahs.
That's funny, my cats are the exact opposite: female is very quiet, never bothers us with anything. Male, on the other hand...chatter box and sooo demanding! Always needs attention!

Michelle Anderson

Savannah Super Cat
I've always had male cats all my life...until 1997 when I got my bengal Kitty, she was a handful! All her life she was the boss of the whole household! lol Even with her name...she wouldn't respond to anything other than kitty:rolleyes:, and was always a diva, and prissy. She was also very LOUD! Never liked men, it took my husband two years before he was "allowed" to even pet her! But she was my baby girl...she passed away last Sept from CRF, it was very upsetting. I never even thought about getting another female when she was alive, because I really thought she would kill it. So, now I have Shyla.....who has a different personality that Kitty did...but is still a diva! So hopefully she won't turn all prissy as she gets older..lol But for some reason all the male cats I've had have always been more mellow and friendly than what Kitty was, but that's just one cat......and that was just they way she was. RIP Kitty 5/5/97-9/13/11

admin

Paige
Staff member
I'm sorry about Kitty, Michelle!

Females are just smarter, I think - LOL! So they get their way more often...Also I think spayed females are probably much more mellow. Zuri is a handful, b ut I honestly wouldn't trade her for amy male out there ;)

Michelle Anderson

Savannah Super Cat
I hear ya, Paige! Kitty was a sweetheart, to me anyway....and she did get her way, most the time..lol I would have never traded her in for a boy any day either; she was who she was...and I loved her for that!! She was very smart...and outsmarted everyone! And Shyla has a personality of gold..I love her to death, and she knows she's my baby girl...that's why she gets away with so much..;) She already has me wrapped around her little paw!:big grin:

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I agree, Paige, I think females are just smarter too ;-)

And yes, they do settle a bit with spaying...we had Missy (F1) in the house for some years as an intact breeder and now as spayed female. While she is still a frenetic lunatic a lot of her behavior has mellowed. She doesn't hate my husband anymore! LOL! She used to only tolerate him when in heat... it was one of the ways we knew she was in heat as she had silent heats...

Marissa

Savannah Super Cat
my tegra (f5) over time has proved herself to be the smartest out of the group, the most moody, until it comes to me, then she is the sweetest. i love her to death she has changed my mind about females all together. She makes the boys bow down to her and she follows my ever mood.. she constantly is plotting something!!