Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Glacier Point Pet Fountains

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Ugh!! So I go get my hair done for an HOUR after watching to make sure Zeddie wasn't going to destroy the water fountain...and I come home and she completely disassembled it!!
Now I have to buy replacement parts :cautious:
Darn these smart cats!

Lesley

Site Supporter
I should have also mentioned u push the new filters in about 1 inch. There are marks on the tube as a guide.

Lesley

Site Supporter
NP. Also, Barry notes on website that any pump damage due to charcoal spilling out is not covered under warranty. Just an FYI, shake the tube hard. That being said, we have not had any problems and it is definitely the most economical way to go.

scorpius

Chirps & Massive Headbutts
700_9099.jpg 700_9139.jpg 700_9107.jpg
Ugh!! So I go get my hair done for an HOUR after watching to make sure Zeddie wasn't going to destroy the water fountain...and I come home and she completely disassembled it!!

Ha-i know that problem too! So I made a 'bomb shelter' for my Glacier Point water fountain using an old PC case. It keeps them away from all of the goodies. I even drew a warning sign on it to ward them off of any bad behaviors:) -dj

scorpius

Chirps & Massive Headbutts
Dwight, can you replicate that case for purchase?
Hi Paige, I wish I could, but it is a "mc giver county blue ribbon contest piece" at best :))) I practically had to mutilate the sheet metal to cut out the insert for the glass bottle. The next lesson I learned, I had originally drilled about 20 holes over the fan outlet. Well that reduced airflow enough on the fan, that the chiller unit reduced cooling by about 4 F (so instead of -13F drop, I only got maybe -9F drop). So then I proceeded to hack that out so the fan is fully exposed and I was back to a -13F. But nonetheless, it keeps the critters out. And everytime I remove the cover, they want to go rip apart the inner portions of the fountain:) So I guess it's serving good purpose. -dj

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I finally got my Glacier Point Fountain working properly tonight! :big grin:

I got it as a Christmas Present for the kitties, but Zeddie didn't let the thing run an hour before dismantling it. When I put it back together the water wasn't flowing through the blue tube. I changed the filter and tried again...and got a small trickle. Zeddie also dismantled it again. After talking to Barry extensively, we agreed that the motor was the reason the water wasn't flowing fully, and he sent me a brand new motor, as well as a bridge so Zeddie can't dismantle it anymore. He said at the shop they call the bride "The Savannah" haha.

So tonight I was able to re set up our water fountain, and it is flowing like an absolute dream! The motor was definitely the issue as I never had a stream as great as the one that is coming out now. Then I waited for the moment of truth. Would the bridge keep Zeddie from taking the fountain apart! SUCCESS!! And it wasn't for lack of trying. Somehow she managed to spin the entire ceramic bowl with the towel it is on 180 degrees...but she couldn't take anything off (other than the pump from the blue tube).

Muahahahah Zeddie take that

Zeddie 3 Kristin 1

admin

Paige
Staff member
I finally got my Glacier Point Fountain working properly tonight! :big grin:

I got it as a Christmas Present for the kitties, but Zeddie didn't let the thing run an hour before dismantling it. When I put it back together the water wasn't flowing through the blue tube. I changed the filter and tried again...and got a small trickle. Zeddie also dismantled it again. After talking to Barry extensively, we agreed that the motor was the reason the water wasn't flowing fully, and he sent me a brand new motor, as well as a bridge so Zeddie can't dismantle it anymore. He said at the shop they call the bride "The Savannah" haha.

So tonight I was able to re set up our water fountain, and it is flowing like an absolute dream! The motor was definitely the issue as I never had a stream as great as the one that is coming out now. Then I waited for the moment of truth. Would the bridge keep Zeddie from taking the fountain apart! SUCCESS!! And it wasn't for lack of trying. Somehow she managed to spin the entire ceramic bowl with the towel it is on 180 degrees...but she couldn't take anything off (other than the pump from the blue tube).

Muahahahah Zeddie take that

Zeddie 3 Kristin 1

Kristin, can you take a photo, so we can see the bridge you are referring to?

Barry gives GREAT customer service! Glad you have it working now and that Zeddie cannot dismantle it :)