Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello from Manu // Germany

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
you have quiet the clan of kitties
i have seen one female red tabby in my life

but one i have never seen is a male tourtishell
Same here. The one red girl I've seen was on Craigslist and was gone by the time I replied, so not even in person, lol.

Has anyone ever seen a male tortie?? I've never even heard of one...

Manu+Horde

Savannah Super Cat
Same here. The one red girl I've seen was on Craigslist and was gone by the time I replied, so not even in person, lol.

Has anyone ever seen a male tortie?? I've never even heard of one...

There is an genetic explanation for that - that you never will find a "Gl├╝ckskatze" - Schildplatt - tortie as male.
Males have only one x-chromosome so the will be either black or red painted. So those 3-colored cats need to have normally 2 x-chromosomes so they will be always girls.

I hope i could solve the small mystery :)

Happy Cat wishes Manu

Manu+Horde

Savannah Super Cat
From the genetic point of view - the possibility of male tortie is extremely rare ... but mother nature brings up some ... The one girl in my litter was no tortie, it was an scottish fold baby from another cat we adopted to Hetty to raise up cause the real mom wasn't able to deliver mommamilk ... We fought a lot to bring her through she (P├Ąppels) was so little and weak - wie also needed to feed her all 2 hours en plus with the bottle ... Otherwise she stayed to weak ... The Othello kitten were bit stronger an nippeled her off from drinking ... So two an a half weeks ... extra milk per bottle ... But she made it :)

Manu+Horde

Savannah Super Cat
a new picture showing the size comparison between the DSH red tabby girl Lina and Savannah F1 Nabila :)

sizeComparison.JPG
optical near double size and bit more of double weight (3.5 kg DSH to 7.35kg Savannah) sorry the picture is a bit dark ...

Manu+Horde

Savannah Super Cat
Some more projekt update - i was vistiting in my holiday the constructor for my outdoor enclosure ... the planning is complete - in october will be the measurement at my home and over the wintertime hopfully the all new enclosure with about 64 square meter 2 cat tunnels permanent access to the upper rooms will be done - the'll get 2 enlosure's combined (2.5m-3.5m height) - connected together with an skylinetunnel (necessary cause of different terrain level) - an skylinetunnel connected to the upper room's in my house with permanent an access cat door so that they can roam free in and out whenever they want ...

The inetrior will be made from massiv tree wood (as climbable static's) with big tree slices to sit on :) the rest of the enclosure will be made from aluminium completely wather stable ... and then in spring time its up to me to make a nice cat-pool (not too deep) building up the outdoor cat houses for the horde ... and - yes here and there more decorations :)

Hopefully we will be in time ... i'm waiting often too long for the craftsmen - it's a horror in germany by all means ... but think positive ... the visit was great and biggest plus - they also built the monkey enclosure in the zoo Karlsruhe - so only 30 km drive through to my house for my mini cat zoo :) but zoo-quality-enclosure ...

all for the Horde ...

Happy Cat wishes ...