Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello from Manu // Germany

Manu+Horde

Savannah Super Cat
News part 2 :

the appointment for the measurement of the enclosure is set up for tomorrow afternoon :)

So the construction will be planned into the terrain (not plain / naturally) - and then i will get the enclosure in Feburary to April - so the next good weather season will be opend with 64 squaremeter outdoor enclosure for the Horde !!!

I'm so happy that the construction will begin :)

One enclosure 2m*15m (2-3m height) directly attached to the side house with 1 airwalk to the upper floor/storey with entrance to the house - and a second airway which will connect to the second enclosure with 3m * 12m (2-4m height) ... will be a great outside park for the furr-ones :)
(they will have wooden tree strains with tree slices to sit on - get a water pool and many climb o'walks or seat's also cat approved plants to hide and seek different outdoor floors / grass sand and some grater rock's)

Next step will be my basement - a new wellness bathroom and rest area (planned 50 squaremeter) - will get also a cat door connected to the sidehouse enclosure ...

A lot of work is waiting for me the next year - but i think it is worth it :)

Happy cat wishes from the Horde

MM3

Site Supporter
Your babies are precious. I also was infected with the overwhelming desire to be a slave to a Savannah. 2 years of research and getting our traveling ( Berlin - giessen every year)out of our system before we added a fur baby to our family. I didn’t think it would be fair to add a baby then leave her to travel. I must say your F1 is a type I’ve never seen before. Your a blessed person to have such lovies. Welcome!

Manu+Horde

Savannah Super Cat
Your babies are precious. I also was infected with the overwhelming desire to be a slave to a Savannah. 2 years of research and getting our traveling ( Berlin - giessen every year)out of our system before we added a fur baby to our family. I didn’t think it would be fair to add a baby then leave her to travel. I must say your F1 is a type I’ve never seen before. Your a blessed person to have such lovies. Welcome!

Thanks a lot :)
Yes Nabila is special - from the litter of 2 kitten (had seen pictures) she was the "uglier" one - her sister was more typical Savannah - but my Nabila was having the genetics to get really tall - her sister remains a good edge smaller around 5.5kg with 32 cm shoulder height - compared to Nabila with 40 cm shoulder height and now around 7.5kg.

She is extrem bright - more grey-silver and her spots are more light brown than black - you only see her spots when the light is perfect and you look from behind into the furr ... otherwise the grey-silver optic covers the spots in darker light. She earned more from the mum F5C Savannah than from dad Leon Serval ... so yes she is quite different - but a full tall Savannah girl ...
She is such a great cat - she has such a unique personalty and character - just awesome ...

And the rest of the Horde is also amazing - i miss them already when i'm at work or not at home ...
but i spent a lot time with them per week so - they are not alone at all - my mum & girlfriend are most of the time when i'm out for them available ...

But i have never felt the way that i'm a slave for my cat's ... more my girlfriend is the "Dosie" :)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm glad to hear that Hetty has recovered from whatever it was that upset her tummy. It is so scary when our kitties get sick!

Manu+Horde

Savannah Super Cat
I'm glad to hear that Hetty has recovered from whatever it was that upset her tummy. It is so scary when our kitties get sick!
Yes Patti - such situations really scares ... you always suffer with the furr babies when they are ill - for me it was hard 3-4 days till she gets better - could not sleep - anytime i heard some strange noise i checked for her - always cleaned up instantly after her vomit's gave her love and her medic's - and after 4 days anything cleared up ... It was a good thing that we visit our Vet directly in the beginning of the illness so that Hetty got an drop infusion with liquid & treament medication so we banned the possibillity of dehydrating too fast - cause she vomitted alot - mostly only waterlike - but i must say that Hetty was and is always a good drinker - so after vomitting she went to the water bowl and refilled herself a bit - that helped me to be a bit more confident that we got that upset tummy problem fixed throughout the weekend.
But she looked really exhausted in these day's ...

Right now I'm happy again that she has recovered fully ... she is also back on her usual wheigt ... anything is fine :)

Manu+Horde

Savannah Super Cat
It makes me wonder why cats have such sensitive tummies. Emma Mae has probiotics everyday. Some days she’s just a mystery.
in the case of Hetty it was the first time within 5 years she had such a sensitive tummy issue ... so for normal never occoured yet in that way ...

I just hope it will not happen again that worse ... the treatment and med. care was done proper and helped well ... but we suffered with Hetty too ...