Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

I just wanna say... A random comments thread

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Vito is obsessed with water
I clean up puddles on an almost hourly basis. All the toys get put in the water dishes too and then get dropped sopping wet all over the house, or, at 3 a.m., in the middle of my face. It's a good thing I have a healthy heart.

Atticus has flooded the house 3 times in 6 years. The first flood happened when he bit through the plastic water lines of a brand new washing machine. I came home to find 2 inches of water on the floor and a happy cat batting at the water arcing out of the holes left by his fangs. I replaced those hoses with steel ones.

Vito

Site Supporter
I clean up puddles on an almost hourly basis. All the toys get put in the water dishes too and then get dropped sopping wet all over the house, or, at 3 a.m., in the middle of my face. It's a good thing I have a healthy heart.

Atticus has flooded the house 3 times in 6 years. The first flood happened when he bit through the plastic water lines of a brand new washing machine. I came home to find 2 inches of water on the floor and a happy cat batting at the water arcing out of the holes left by his fangs. I replaced those hoses with steel ones.
Unbelievable the chaos our Savannah demons get up to isn't it, and they always look at you like they've just done you a huge favour, we're going through the soppy mousey in the bed 4am every morning stage. When you toss it away, he takes it off to the kitchen, soaks it and brings it back again. lol

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
When you toss it away, he takes it off to the kitchen, soaks it and brings it back again. lol
Oh no, you can't toss it away. That becomes a game of fetch to be repeated on a nightly basis. Atticus has brought many things to bed which he considered appropriate for playing fetch. My favorites were the hammer, which he had to fetch out of the kitchen tool drawer and the empty gallon bottle that hubby forgot to put on the recycling bin. Never a dull moment. Vodka supply always kept full.

gifts copy.jpg

Vito

Site Supporter
Oh no, you can't toss it away. That becomes a game of fetch to be repeated on a nightly basis. Atticus has brought many things to bed which he considered appropriate for playing fetch. My favorites were the hammer, which he had to fetch out of the kitchen tool drawer and the empty gallon bottle that hubby forgot to put on the recycling bin. Never a dull moment. Vodka supply always kept full.

View attachment 27914

Wow, a hammer, that takes it to a whole new level, wouldn't want that dropped on your head. Strong laddie

Sean

Site Supporter
I don't recall if it was Bella or the boys that did it. But walking downstairs to the kitchen one night with the lights off I step on this wet
squishy thing. At first thought I thought someone has not used the box. When I turned the lights on it was a wet mouse toy I had
stepped on. I was happy it was not something along the brown alligator stuff. Later I found that toy floating in the drinking water fountain

Bella had fun the night I installed the new toilet. NEVER leave the lid up with a Savanah in the house. They like water how ever they can get at it.
Mokkun liked to jump up on the bowl when I was trying to do my business. Needles to say one day he got an emergency bath. I learned to close
the door after that one. With Bella I just make sure that the lid is down.

Crazy cats that is the truth.

Vito

Site Supporter
I don't recall if it was Bella or the boys that did it. But walking downstairs to the kitchen one night with the lights off I step on this wet
squishy thing. At first thought I thought someone has not used the box. When I turned the lights on it was a wet mouse toy I had
stepped on. I was happy it was not something along the brown alligator stuff. Later I found that toy floating in the drinking water fountain

Bella had fun the night I installed the new toilet. NEVER leave the lid up with a Savanah in the house. They like water how ever they can get at it.
Mokkun liked to jump up on the bowl when I was trying to do my business. Needles to say one day he got an emergency bath. I learned to close
the door after that one. With Bella I just make sure that the lid is down.

Crazy cats that is the truth.
Their always up to nonsense that's for sure, learnt very quickly not to leave the loo lid up, Vito was jumping head first into it, or throwing toys in.
You must really miss the boys, but I'm sure Lady Bella keeps you on your toes.

Sean

Site Supporter
Between her and Xander (He thinks he is the ruler of the house) things can get wiled around here.
At one point I had a chance to get Bella's full brother. Had that happened I would likely have a mad house.
Xander weights in at a whopping heavy 9 Lb. he may be more now I have not checked in a while.

Here is the little beast that would be king.
Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 6.31.13 PM.png

He has gotten a little bigger. But he is still slim and trim. This photo was taken this last December.
IMG_6632.jpg

To really understand how brassy this boy is you have to see this photo. This was in September 2018. Xander was born mid April 2018.

DSC_0589.JPG

Last edited:

Vito

Site Supporter
Between her and Xander (He thinks he is the ruler of the house) things can get wiled around here.
At one point I had a chance to get Bella's full brother. Had that happened I would likely have a mad house.
Xander weights in at a whopping heavy 9 Lb. he may be more now I have not checked in a while.

Here is the little beast that would be king.
View attachment 27917

He has gotten a little bigger. But he is still slim and trim. This photo was taken this last December.
View attachment 27918

To really understand how brassy this boy is you have to see this photo. This was in September 2018. Xander was born mid April 2018.

View attachment 27919
Xander is a handsome lad, is he a lynx point? Lovely to see that they both get on so well. Vito is starting to get up to mischief again, hope that's a sign that he's recovering, he's doing OK on the bland diet, just feeding little and often. He was roughing up tuco this morning, they play great together but Vito tends to be a bit rough(doesnt realize how strong he is). BTW, loved the cartoon..... Very familiar, haha

Moggieslegacy

Savannah Super Cat
Neither of my 2 seem to have got the genes to enjoy water.... which is probably good as they have access to a natural spring fed pond full of tadpoles and frogs I prefer they ignore, and they mostly do.

Pictures of HB and WC enjoying the fenced yard... they are both so much happier, having free daytime access to our rural yard. Even WC who seemed content in with just the enclosures has trimmed down, matured, gotten better coordinated and seems less like a big clumsy year and a 1/2 old baby kitten... and their relationship seems to have also improved. They are sleeping together again. F8107E9F-57E3-4D1B-B85D-84CE07CBE80D.jpeg 651D14C7-3746-4F1C-9922-4920D8047C51.jpeg 883A5073-60C9-4763-A33A-4DEA6112B9B5.jpeg ED0000BA-42A2-41D7-A1C3-384D5D0EE45F.jpeg 42766AB1-8AA0-4A23-8307-0A881C3A5212.jpeg