Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

i made a reservation for an f2 marble kitten (pics)

M

MK Anderson

Yes he does !

Jumping at the door knob too.

Does he miss his home ?

How many days it last there ?

He's also jumping up the walls.
Keeba did the same thing! he is missing home and his sibling. I would spend as much time with him as you can. I was in my daughter room when she wasnt and he is really very bond to us now. It last until he came out of the room! nic would put ear plugs in at night. if he heard us in the morning it would start all over, poor guy! Keeba hates to be locked in a room till this day. I accidentally shut my daughters door one day and he dug the carpet up in front of the door, he was not happy lol. I'm sure once he is out among you all he will stop, it will take time for him to adjust, but hang in there. :)

M

MK Anderson

Earplugs might work for my neighbours.
Not if i'm in the same room. i don't even think it would help for my brother in the room next to me.

My own bedroom is very far off, so there i could have silence but i rather stay with him.
But this night and the next night i gonna sleep in my own bedroom.
I need to get productive for work.
I will join him back at the weekend at night.

He started yesterday at 9PM and stopped at 7AM.
The same time as the night before.

I understand it's a hard time for him, but no sleep makes me so frustrated.

With moments he goes louder then now :
Yep, thats what keeba did, like he looking for his siblings and calling them. YOu do need your sleep! I really dont know how my daughter did it, but she said it doesnt bother her and refused to let me move him.

Niels

Savannah Super Cat
I spend last night in the crate till 6am.
Really did a lot of bounding, he slept against my chest in my arms.
I could pick him up and lay him wherever i want without him complaining.
In the morning when we got outside the crate he was again all hissing and growling and don't wan't to be touched.

Or maybe this is just normal savannah behavior ? i know they are not the cuddle type of cats.

Niels

Savannah Super Cat
Keeba did the same thing! he is missing home and his sibling. I would spend as much time with him as you can. I was in my daughter room when she wasnt and he is really very bond to us now. It last until he came out of the room! nic would put ear plugs in at night. if he heard us in the morning it would start all over, poor guy! Keeba hates to be locked in a room till this day. I accidentally shut my daughters door one day and he dug the carpet up in front of the door, he was not happy lol. I'm sure once he is out among you all he will stop, it will take time for him to adjust, but hang in there. :)
I also think i need to take the good with the bad.
He is here early, so is behavior is normal.

On the other hand it gives me a change to bound with him more early.
Normally i started in 2 weeks, i glad i'm started now.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I spend last night in the crate till 6am.
Really did a lot of bounding, he slept against my chest in my arms.
I could pick him up and lay him wherever i want without him complaining.
In the morning when we got outside the crate he was again all hissing and growling and don't wan't to be touched.

Or maybe this is just normal savannah behavior ? i know they are not the cuddle type of cats.
My Savannahs do NOT hiss and growl when touched. Although I don't describe the Savannah as a particularly cuddly breed, they aren't unfriendly that way. My cats all jostle for position sleeping in bed with us at night, they just prefer to play rather than cuddle on my lap all day...although when we settle to watch TV for a bit in the evening then we have kitty lap warmers.

I do think kittens are often too busy to be wanting to be picked up and carried about, but they normally just squiggle to get down and then look at you for play.

Niels

Savannah Super Cat
My Savannahs do NOT hiss and growl when touched. Although I don't describe the Savannah as a particularly cuddly breed, they aren't unfriendly that way. My cats all jostle for position sleeping in bed with us at night, they just prefer to play rather than cuddle on my lap all day...although when we settle to watch TV for a bit in the evening then we have kitty lap warmers.

I do think kittens are often too busy to be wanting to be picked up and carried about, but they normally just squiggle to get down and then look at you for play.
He doesn't hiss l when touched.
When he is tired i can pet him all i want.
When he is very active he hisses at me alot.
He ain't easy to pet then.
But it's only day 5 and he does it alot less everyday.