Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Introducing Baby Baboo!

kokogal

Site Supporter
Luckily he hasn't had a repeat experience, so rather than being caused by a stomach bug it is more likely that he threw his poo in a fit of glory. Most likely payback for not sleeping with him the night before.

So does anyone else have a savannah that yodels when eating? It's super adorable, but he doesn't seem to appreciate us laughing at his singing. In my mind he's saying "yum yum yum!"

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
We call it the nom nom's... it's usually enthusiasm for their meal either they are especially hungry or you've served up something particularly yummy for them :)

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Congrats on your new baby:in love: & all your new adventures:lol:! Hopefully you have sat & crawled around a bit on the floor to see:Geeky: all the interesting things he sees from his vantage point:cat:...all our "live" wires (computer, phone, tv,etc...) are encased in water pipes; Eddie:rolleyes: killed the tv his first month "free" in our home, computer a day later & "Wow whats is this hard thing I can't chew through????":confused: lol. I had everything in the wire coil stuff they sell to keep it all "together" but that wasn't even a challenge for him so we went to PVC pipe...:ninja:.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Lol! He sang for his supper when he was here, but not to that extent! Glad you got it on video...he does look insulted ;)

kokogal

Site Supporter
Congrats on your new baby:in love: & all your new adventures:lol:! Hopefully you have sat & crawled around a bit on the floor to see:Geeky: all the interesting things he sees from his vantage point:cat:...all our "live" wires (computer, phone, tv,etc...) are encased in water pipes; Eddie:rolleyes: killed the tv his first month "free" in our home, computer a day later & "Wow whats is this hard thing I can't chew through????":confused: lol. I had everything in the wire coil stuff they sell to keep it all "together" but that wasn't even a challenge for him so we went to PVC pipe...:ninja:.

Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) we learned the hard way to to keep all our cords tucked away and wrapped with cord protectors when my calico girl and tuxedo boy were kittens. Bitter apple just made the cords more tasty and covering with tin foil just made them fun crinkly toys. We have lost many headphones, charger cables, and video game cords to those gremlins. The more expensive it was, the more likely they were to get to it. Thankfully, this has prepared us for Baboo.

kokogal

Site Supporter
Initially Baboo was a bit standoffish and didn't like being picked up at all. I've always known that savannahs are super high energy and as a result, aren't well known for being the most snuggly cats. Little did I know what a snuggle fiend I was getting. He climbs all over me and forces me to stop what I'm doing for quality snuggle time and I'm happy to oblige.

photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo.JPG