Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Litter Robot

admin

Paige
Staff member
Better late than never...sorry everyone! I was supposed to start this review on jan 1, but now it is Feb 1 :( I have two of these Litter robots and would not trade them for anything...below is a description by the company and then you will see my Pros and Cons...http://www.litter-robot.com

main01.png lrb-md-black.jpg

The Litter Robot is the automatic, self cleaning litter box for cats 'that really works'. When your cat enters the litter chamber (globe) a weight activated sensor detects the presence of your cat. After 7 minutes a clean cycle starts with the slow rotation of the globe in a counter-clockwise direction. The rotation of the globe sifts and separates clumps from the clean litter (clumping litter) and deposits all waste in the large capacity drawer lined with a standard kitchen garbage bag. The globe then returns to its home position with a clean, level bed of litter ready for the next use. The Litter Robot has no rakes or wires to jam, clog, or break. Its simplicity and durable construction ensure a long life of service. The Litter Robot operates on 12VDC and is easy to set up - just add litter to the globe and plug it in.

• Automatic self-cleaning cat-litter box saves time and money
  • Patented sifting process cleans litter automatically after each use
  • Deposits waste in large-capacity drawer lined with kitchen garbage bag
  • Reliable and safe; works without rakes or wires that could jam, clog, or break
  • Measures 24 by 22 by 29 inches; 18-month full warranty
Pros:
  • Uses Clumping Litter
  • Can be left on or off
  • Uses either the company plastic bags for the waste drawer or you can use every day plastic garbage bags
  • Cycles about 7 minutes after cat has done its thing
  • Saves on scooping 2-3 times a day, which is what I was doing
  • Reduces number of litter boxes
  • Reduces any type of odor
  • Waste drawer comes with a filter
  • Easy to clean globe and waste drawer
  • Don't need to clean entire globe for months, although I clean it every 2 weeks
  • Saves on litter tracking
  • Keeps litter clean so helps with problem cats who must poop or pee in a clean litter box
  • Awesome customer service
  • Free Shipping
  • Payment Plan
  • Stops rotating when feels the weight of a cat
  • Has sensor on base so one can change the sensitivity in case it does not sense cat right away
  • All cats are using it, which surprises me
  • Can turn off at night if noise bothers you and then turn on in the morning to clean
  • Do not need to use bags at all and can just use the plastic waste drawer, but must then soak and clean the waste drawer once/week
  • Uses less litter than conventional litter boxes
  • 90 Day guarantee - if you don't like it or the cat won't use it, you send it back...you just need to make sure you keep the box it came in.
  • 18 mo warranty
  • Has an extender for larger cats (this is the one I have) - Litter Robot ll Bubble
Cons
  • Can be a tad noisy for light sleepers
  • Cannot be used with kittens/cats under 5 pounds
  • Peeks the interest of kittens/cats who then go and step on it to see what is going on, stopping the cleaning process - it does resume, but sometimes I have to hit the on/off switch..Cinny is famous for stopping the globe rotation
  • Needs something to prevent cats from entering the globe while it is rotating, although I have not had an issue with this, it would be nice
  • Total smells are not prevented if waste gets in the drawer instead of the plastic bag - cleaning the drawer and wiping it down then eliminates any smell
  • if enough litter is not in globe, urine can stick to liner, so be sure to replace litter when it gets low...
  • Not for very large cats, although my 16 pound Savannah uses it with no problem

Trish Allearz

I've heard basically nothing but good reviews on these from SV owners- except some have been a bit concerned about the size for an F1. All in all, though- these are the only ones I recommend.

Last automatic box I have- it stopped working and I kicked it- well, it never worked after that. LOL.

Tarah

Mace's Mama
I've been thinking about getting one of these for awhile! You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of your bigger kitty next to it, would you? It's hard to judge its actual size from the website with nothing around it to compare it to. Size is my biggest concern, even though you mentioned yours used it no problem, mine is a bit finicky :p

admin

Paige
Staff member
No, I do not have a picture of Taj and the litter robot...it comes with a 90 day guarantee though, so if the cat won't use it, you send it back...it has an 18 month warranty...I need to put that in the pros and cons...

I would use Dr. Elsie's Premium litter in it as a start...ever since I started doing that, they are all using it most of the time...i do have regular litter boxes also, just in case, but have hardly had to scoop them at all.

Wild Tafari

Savannah Super Cat
Great review Paige... ;) I've never heard of these before, but it's very interesting! Since you have two, what color(s) did you select? I noticed on their website they have cabinets you can purchase to sit them inside, do you have those also?

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thanks Kelli...I have the black and eco friendly (gray)...i did not get the cabinet though ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2