Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

my f4 just got outside and i cant find him

admin

Paige
Staff member
I was walking Taj on his leash on Friday, I dropped the leash and he took off...but....the leash was chasing him and he was petrified!!! The leash got stuck under a car and that is how I managed to get him...

He has an outdoor enclosure, but LOVES to walk, so I will just be sure to be more careful...

John Popp

Site Supporter
Taj does the same thing, John...he sits by the door and wait for me to pick him up to take him out.

Well Paige, go figure as I believe it was you who gave me the advice in the first place. It actually does work great, and Chongo understands the whole procedure of what has to happen for him to get outside. First the walking jacket, then the leash attached and then somewhat patiently waiting for me to pick him up and take him outside.

I also think even without a leash if you made a walking jacket part of the routine of going outside, that could work as well.

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
This is great news!! I'm glad he is back!
I told my brother the advice to always carry his cat outside and it has worked fantastically in the last few months. While we do not walk his cat yet, we have taken him outside in our arms a couple of times. A few times now he just stands at the door and when we have accidentally left the door open he just stares outside and fortunately has never run out. We think hes too scared lol, but wont test him.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Well good news! little G came back! he was just playing on my doorstep this morning. when I opened the door and saw him he just flipped over on his back and made me rub his belly lol little punk...yeah I'm going to go hi tech and get him a GPS collar I can track off my phone just in case....I'm also building an outdoor habitat he can play in without getting loose. Ill upload a picture of him to assure everyone hes ok but thanks for the good advice guys I did pretty much everything that was suggested lol!
Very happy to read the update!

Definitely an outdoor habitat is the best possible answer, I found my cats weren't nearly so interested in dashing out the front door when they could easily go out into our backyard enclosure to enjoy fresh air and chase insects etc.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
This is great news!! I'm glad he is back!
I told my brother the advice to always carry his cat outside and it has worked fantastically in the last few months. While we do not walk his cat yet, we have taken him outside in our arms a couple of times. A few times now he just stands at the door and when we have accidentally left the door open he just stares outside and fortunately has never run out. We think hes too scared lol, but wont test him.
Yes, I know people that train their cat to go into a crate to be carried outside for any leashed walks so the cat hangs out near the crate not the door when he wants out :)