Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Pancreatitis noticed from a full blood panel

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Here are a few things of note when Rafiki had pancreatitis. Hers was caused by liver disease.
  • She threw up the night before she was diagnosed but not before that.
  • Her appetite dropped significantly a couple of days prior.
  • She could not quite get comfortable when snuggling. This was the first indication of pain.
  • Pancreatitis was diagnosed thru an ultrasound, and later confirmed thru a blood panel.
  • She was prescribed pain meds, anti-nausea meds and we had to administer sub-q fluids daily. They would not release her to us until we agreed to do the sub-q at home.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Pancreatitis gets better with meds... My Cisco had it and ended up with a feeding tube, but he was better with in a couple of weeks and feeding tube removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
Pancreatitis gets better with meds... My Cisco had it and ended up with a feeding tube, but he was better with in a couple of weeks and feeding tube removed

That's great news:)...I hope I can fine a better animal Hospital. I'll have the blood work done over somewhere else and see how that turns out...I hope this next place works out for savannah cats..not too many around where I live like them.:(

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
That's great news:)...I hope I can fine a better animal Hospital. I'll have the blood work done over somewhere else and see how that turns out...I hope this next place works out for savannah cats..not too many around where I live like them.:(
You may not need to pay for the bloodwork again, get a copy to look at it. They probably sent the blood out for analysis (most do) hence it will be valid no matter if you distrust that vet's opinion.

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
Hope you get to the bottom of it. I will ask some of the breeders in IL if they know of a good vet

Thank you Paige, I think the only good ones are in the Chicago area as far as I know now, a hour or more and I don't drive into Chicago.....I will get lost!!:giggle::confused:;) I hope there are some closer..... :)

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
You may not need to pay for the bloodwork again, get a copy to look at it. They probably sent the blood out for analysis (most do) hence it will be valid no matter if you distrust that vet's opinion.
I know if I get a full blood panel done at another pet hospital, I will have to pay again probably...:(