Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Rafiki needs your prayers

Sean

Site Supporter
Happy for you and the kids that all turned out so well.
I saw the topic and was tempted to jump to the end to see how things were doing.
But I did the right thing (maybe not?) and read start to finish. I am happy for you that
all turned out well in the end.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
And here we go again.:( Rafiki started being finicky on Saturday. I was still able to get her to eat her normal amount of food by feeding her off my fingers. Until last night. I had finally gotten her to start eating when Jammu decided to be an ass and she ran off. Could not get her to eat after that. This morning she was snubbing again so I fed her a baby food and she ate 1/2 can. This evening, she snubbed the baby food as well. I did manage to get her to eat a handful of fresh parmesan cheese but that was it. Back to the vet on Saturday.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Tiny update - she had a few licks of coconut oil followed by maybe 1/4 can of baby food. And just now had a freeze dried duck heart. Glad she has a bit in her belly. Looking forward to getting her to the vet.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
At the vet now. Temp slightly elevated and she is breathing heavy. Her belly is also a bit tender. Doing bloodwork and x-rays to start.

She ate a 6” piece of string/yarn before all this started but she is drinking and pooping and has not thrown up. I let them know that an ultrasound may be needed to rule this out as well.