Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Rafiki needs your prayers

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I spoke to the oncologist this morning about aspirating the fluid in her chest. Rafiki's respiration remains elevated at anywhere between 36-40 BPM to around 44 BPM right after eating. She is not exhibiting any signs of distress, is very alert and has a great appetite. The vet suggested that we hang tight today and continue to monitor her. If she gets worse, we have an appointment tomorrow at 9 that we are to cancel if it is not needed. We moved her next chemo appointment from 4 pm on Tuesday to 10:30 am to allow them to sedate aspirate her. Please pray for my baby. 1551039950852.png

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I updated on Facebook today. Thanks for asking.

We brought Rafiki in at 9 am to aspirate the fluid in the pulmonary sac. They took X-rays and the amount of fluid has increased. Not good. Her clotting factor is also a bit sketchy. But she is in an emergency facility so if she should bleed they can transfuse her so we gave consent to have the aspiration done. She will have another set of X-rays taken and then she should be cleared for chemo. This week's chem is the pill form. It will be a different type as the previous version did not work well. I will have to pick up from a compounding pharmacy. More prayers for my baby please!

And then today around 3: UPDATE: I just spoke to the oncologist. Rafiki is out of surgery and doing well. They removed 100cc of fluid. Fluid is a bit thick so they will send it out for pathology to rule out infection as Rafiki has been on a raw diet her entire life and therefore more prone to infection while on chemo. They will recheck her at 4 and she should be good to go home at 4:30.

She is now home and a bit buzzed and has the munchies and zoomies.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
We were told that she would be groggy when she got home. She shot out of the carrier like a rocket. Her eyes were a bit dilated but she stampeded throughout the house. She is breathing very well this morning and has a good appetite.She has been cleared for her chemo today (Leukeran pill today and Thursday). Now we wait for the culture results of the fluid they removed. On a high note, when I was at the vet's, a lady was there with her kitty who was in for a 6 week follow up - this kitty has been in remission for lymphoma for 11 months.