Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Tree question

Laura W

Savannah Super Cat
:roflmao:
Wow! Awesome tree Laura! Maybe someday once my life settles more Cyro will be that lucky (since I'm currently in an apartment, I think it'd be a little tricky to get something that big inside). Right now he's 6 months old, and these past two months his growth has been slowing down a lot. I don't have a scale to weigh him, but, I'm guessing he's probably around 8-10lbs ... I can still pick him up with one hand, but, he's definitely heavier than he was at 4 months. It does make sense you'd need a more sturdy tree with an F2.

I ended up going ahead and buying the Armarkat tree ... it's due to arrive on Friday, so I'll let you guys know what he thinks of it/how it holds up to his initial inspection :)

John, most of the time he doesn't attack his current scratching tree platform ... unless (as was the case last night) he's feeling ornery, in which case he'll run around the house growling, running up and down his tree post, and scratching at the carpet on the top of the post (he was mad because I just put up my Christmas tree, and was squirting him with water every time he started to go after an ornament) :roflmao:
He's going to love his new tree! Hard to say who gets more excited with new toys for our babies, us or them!:)

Trish Allearz

Awesome, Trish! Any pics of your zebra chaise? I would love to find one of those, too!

Great idea on asking the seller to bring it to you, even for the price of gas.
c39f9c6eee759be54ae03090814436b4.jpg

Not the best pic but lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex

Savannah Super Cat
So, the Americat tree arrived today. Overall built well, however, it's a bit wobbly when Cyro jumps from the ground onto one of the platforms, and since most of the surfaces are curved, that means I can't put it in the corner for stability. I have it up against a wall, which helps, however, depending on how much more he grows I may have to either create a heavier base, or anchor it to something. Attached is a picture of his current play set up. IMAG0639.jpg