Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad reaction to anesthesia?!?syringe force feeding?!?!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I was told they had to basically re-attach his tounge. We pick him up in 1hr. But the vet said be prepared he looks really really bad. Though he's already back to purring and being a love bug! But he won't drink water or eat so both will have to be force fed.

Wow - that is terrible :-( So mixing the food with water will help...and then yes, syringing water...maybe even add a bit of pedialyte to the water - non flavored.

Kodas.momma

Savannah Super Cat
My husband and I will be contacting everywhere! Filing a complaint and potentially suing this place. The vet lied about the severity! He left when he knew we were on our way! Gave us no instructions no update told. Told the nurse to call him but she says she didn't have his number?? And to pick him up I had to pay additional costs for pain and antibiotics even though the damage was caused and they didn't even notice till they were about to discharge him!! I'm so angry! His poor face the left side is stitched on! I can't even get him to open his mouth!!

Kodas.momma

Savannah Super Cat
And he is not being a love bug or purring like they stated. He is angry and growling. Which I've never heard him growl ever.

Kodas.momma

Savannah Super Cat
We're moving his bed and his cat condo into the spare bathroom (it's huge) so he can have a quiet area. But will be giving him lots of love. He is my sons emotional support animal so my son is not understanding why he is growling as all he has ever done is give my son kisses and actually has kitty language to my son. I'm having to explain he doesn't feel well right now. They gave me amoxicillan to give him but the packaging says for dogs only??

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
I hope some of the more knowledgeable folks will respond here. I know so little about meds.

Kodas.momma

Savannah Super Cat
He loves koda so he's understanding. He looks so worried about his buddy. Kodas face is kind of droopy on the side Where there's stitches in his face. Idk if that's normal :(. The nurse who was there literally told us nothing. Didn't even tell us when he last had pain or antibiotics or how to administer it or how often. My poor koda :(