Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Bad reaction to anesthesia?!?syringe force feeding?!?!

Rafiki

Site Supporter
And speaking of hydration....as that is a huge concern, do you know how to test for it? The skin turgor test?
If you pull the skin up at the scruff of the neck and it doesn't settle back down within a second or 2, the cat is dehydrated.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I have nothing to add to the great advice already given, except my prayers that Koda heals quickly and without further incident!

Kodas.momma

Savannah Super Cat
He is doing so much better!! He has lost some tuffs of fur on his face from medicine. He is no longer on pain meds or antibiotics. He's eating hard food and drinking water on his own. We are only having one issue. He has to go back to the vet in 2 weeks as his stitches aren't disolving. He's healing great! They just aren't disolving for some reason which means local anesthetic and removing them.

He is even more of a love bug than he used to be and demands your attention 24/7 now.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Well, I hope this Vet will treat him good and be informative with you. AND, I hope Koda will have an easy time with the stiches removal. Sending love and healing. :)