Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desperate (and possibly last) Call for Help....

admin

Paige
Staff member
Reality is we've gone over and above what most people would (in effort and money) and still are having this issue.... sigh

It does sound like you are doing a GREAT job of trying to find out what the issue is..how old was he when you got him? Something is causing this and he is so young, that between all of us, we should be able to help you fix this...

Aaron

Savannah Super Cat
Hey Paige,

He was 12 weeks when we got him... got him from Exotic Tails in Toronto (Christine is the breeder)... she seems quite knowledgable and has been supportive throughout the process. Was first thinking it was a medical issue but all that has been ruled out after thorough testing/meds etc...

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hey Paige,

He was 12 weeks when we got him... got him from Exotic Tails in Toronto (Christine is the breeder)... she seems quite knowledgable and has been supportive throughout the process. Was first thinking it was a medical issue but all that has been ruled out after thorough testing/meds etc...

Yes, Christine is very knowledgeable and many of us know her well here...so the baby would go back to Christine though - not surrendered...but I have a feeling it will not get to that point...I would heed Pam's advice and speak to marilyn as well...

MaddyG

Savannah Teenager
Just a thought - perhaps the Spirit Essences from Jackson Galaxy may work?
I agree with others that it sounds like a stress response- perhaps to cats outside the house? He apparently knows how to use the box, but something is making him act out....
I've had great luck with the Jackson Galaxy essences.

One last thought: many years ago i had a kitten (7 month old Abyssinian) who would use the box when i was not home, and then in front of me, would pee on my bed, carpets, etc. I was at my wits end.... The vet suggested i change litters, and voila- it seemed to cure him of the habit. I'm sure you've already tried this...but just wanted to mention.

Best of luck. I know the situation is trying and heart breaking.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Hey Paige, not sure if I've talked to her... he's 5 months now. He's bonding well with everyone and even our other cat... its just this peeing issue. Please keep in mind that we do have a family and have tried every reasonable solution we could think of (and all those suggested)... I don't want to have to try off the wall/ over the top solutions...

Marilyn, www.thecatcoach.com , is not an off the wall solution. She's a very well-respected feline behavior therapist!

If you really don't want to give this kitten up (and if you got him in July he's still a pretty young kitten), I would definitely consider her very reasonable consultation fee before giving up on him...