Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Goodbye My Little Man

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Lowkey was obviously a very special little soul. Although his time in this world was short I believe he had a special mission while here. He has touched many lives in his short life through your words, and will be remembered for some time to come.

P

Patrycja

Thank you. He will never be forgotten! We are going to try to report the breeder. Another one of my mother in laws kittens just went to the vet because her diarrhea didn't get better. The vet found parasites that she could only get from stagnant water.

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
Awww! Lowkey was so beautiful. I'm so glad that he had love while he was here. He really was a very special little boy! Hugs

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thank you. He will never be forgotten! We are going to try to report the breeder. Another one of my mother in laws kittens just went to the vet because her diarrhea didn't get better. The vet found parasites that she could only get from stagnant water.

patrycja, the other kitten that died - I wonder if it was FIP...weren't these kittens from a breeder who died and the granddaughter was getting rid of them? Or am i thinking of someone else?

admin

Paige
Staff member
Lowkey was such a beauty and I am just so sorry this happened. But at least you gave him a great life while he lived and did not let him suffer.

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures! They are wonderful! Lowkey will be forever in your heart and now will be memorialized here as well for everyone to see what an awesome boy he was.

P

Patrycja

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

patrycja, the other kitten that died - I wonder if it was FIP...weren't these kittens from a breeder who died and the granddaughter was getting rid of them? Or am i thinking of someone else?

Yes you're correct. Just got a call back from an investigator with the humane society. She said they are going to do everything they can to find this cattery. I offered to call the breeder and get another kitten with a cop near by if that would help and she said that yes it would, but she has to talk with other officials to see what needs to be done first. My MILs kitten HAD to have had FIP, my MIL was kicking herself about not getting an autopsy, but she said they charged so much for it. Plus with another kitten having parasites only found in stagnant water, there has to be SOMETHING not right. All the cats smelled like crap when we brought them home. The only one who wasn't sick was the 7 month old, he's as healthy as a horse. My MILs vet also mentioned that if they kittens had been drinking the stagnant water and got those parasites, that they immune system would be low, so FIP had a chance to take over and it possibly did. I want to avenge these two kittens and spare anyone else from feeling the way I felt.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Ok - another question - but if the breeder is dceased, is the granddaughter still breeding? I thought she was getting rid of the cats?

Trish Allearz

I'm going to say this and while it is a sensitive time for you, I still feel the need to get this off my chest...

FIP does not mean this breeder was a horrible breeder- FIP does and can happen. It also is thought to have some hereditary aspects- so that could explain what happened here. Even giardia is not indicative of a horrible breeder- in this situation, we simply don't know enough to make that call IF the situation was as you were originally informed (ie the breeder died and a family member was selling off the kittens). Regular tap water can and does carry giardia, depending upon where you live in the United States. Everything else, however, is a red flag- the condition of the kittens when they came to you, etc.

I am just so sorry for you and your family.. And so sorry for those sweet babies... I really hope this lady is not breeding!