Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Levy (New name pending.)

Rafiki

Site Supporter
For the longest time (about 5 months), we were able to stash her meds in pill pockets. She was taking about 4 pills a day so this was a life saver. At one point though, the bitterness of the pill came thru and it was all over. I now give her the Denamarin every morning by using a pill shooter that I bought at my vet's office. The ones at the pet store were quite useless. Rafiki follows me into the bathroom every morning. After 5-10 minutes of kitty cuddles, I shoot the darn pill down her throat. I hate ending our morning cuddle sessions this way.....but.....it works. My hubby is completely useless when it comes to pilling them.

Amanda Hughes

Savannah Super Cat
I tried using the pill pocket but she doesn't seem interested in it, possibly cause she can't smell it. I also bought a pill masker paste made by tomlyn. It's kind of like a putty I guess, but you pull a little off and just wrap the pill in it. It's bacon flavored and it smells strongly of bacon. But again, she can't smell it so she won't eat it. But I give all 3 meds cause I'm better at it.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I have the tomlyn paste plus the dog chicken flavor pill pockets (smell like bacon) and 2 pill pocket for cats - one chicken flavored and the other fish. I really need to start adding a bit of these to the regular treats (freeze dried duck fillets or hearts) and see if I can get her to eat them again. Having her wolf down a treat is so much easier than shooting a pill down her throat!

tdbradin

Savannah Super Cat
Hmmm. Venus is too picky of an eater. I haven't found a treat she is at all interested in. I've tried everything from the mass produced walmart type treats to organic freeze-dried chicken and shrimp too.
She's more than happy to share my meals with me, but if it's sold as a cat treat, it's a no!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
If your cat will eat raw then you can also use a chunk of beef or chicken as a pill pocket. Or you could use a chunk of cooked meat. Also stage 1 chicken baby food (just meat and broth) heated up can be great to hide liquid medicine or crushed pills.

tdbradin

Savannah Super Cat
Didn't think about baby food. I'll try that out. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk